Thoughts on the MTX Audio THUNDER75.4 Amp or Focal AP 4340 amp

run a dedicated ground.
This was tried but no luck.

Also the amp is mounted on the back deck in the rear of the car - furthest point from the antenna .

A Class AB amp appears to be the solution to the problem.

This was tried but no luck. Also the amp is mounted on the back deck in the rear of the car - furthest point from the antenna .

i'm pretty sure not all class d's will do that man try a friends d class for 5 mins.. i replaced my concept with exact same model next day no problems..

This was tried but no luck. Also the amp is mounted on the back deck in the rear of the car - furthest point from the antenna .

could be the polk audio is just trying to throw you off because that particular amp model has some serious issues and they dont want a bad rep. Because even my buddy's old school corvette that has full fiberglass body has zero issues with both his class D mids and highs along with his sub amp.

It may sound funny but try wrapping the amp in aluminum foil and ground it to see if it’s the amp belching out all kinds of EMI and you could probably get them to replace if if you proved the amp was noisey, you could always threaten to contact the FCC about there Noisey amp.

Thanks everyone for all the input. After reading all your input I have narrowed the decision to the US Acoustics Barbara Ann and the Focal Ap4304. Can anyone comment on the quality and reliability of the US Acoustics amp ?

TIA

Bob

Thanks everyone for all the input. After reading all your input I have narrowed the decision to the US Acoustics Barbara Ann and the Focal Ap4304. Can anyone comment on the quality and reliability of the US Acoustics amp ?TIA

Bob
Don't think so as that's a new amp to the market.

Thanks everyone for all the input. After reading all your input I have narrowed the decision to the US Acoustics Barbara Ann and the Focal Ap4304. Can anyone comment on the quality and reliability of the US Acoustics amp ?TIA

Bob
idk about focal but peeps say they love their us acoustic amps.. lots of other 4 channels but for the $ that one looks nice..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.