DC Audio 2k

Aygodriver1212

Senior VIP Member
Amsterdam
Hey guys,

Currently I've got myself a great deal on a DC audio 2k, it's fully functional and I got it for just a hundred bucks.

I'm waiting for my 320 ampere alt to be installed in to my car, I've got everything 0 gauge and dual inputs. After the alt install, I'd like to wire my dual 1 ohm B2 audio HN10" up to the 2k.

When idle, the sub sits at .7/.8 if wired in parallel. Now I know the 2k doesn't like .5, does any of y'all have experience with around .8 (regarding the DC 2k)? I thought I saw a .8 dyno somewhere, it's not that my electrical won't be able to cope.

Thanks guys!

How tf did you get a dc 2k for 100
You show t!ts or something
Yes, my man boobs are crazy attractive.

I always get good deals, I've bought a Rockford T1500bdcp as good as new for 200 bucks, a Rockford 3sixty.3 as good as new for 250 bucks, a Rockford p200-2 as good as new for 50 bucks.

But, on topic... Can I, or does anyone have experience with a 2k on .8?

The DC 2k will do fine at .5. Dyno tests mean absolutely nothing as to what the amp will do in real life.

I ran two of them for a season. Wired to .5, I clamped around 1800 watts per amp.

Yes, my man boobs are crazy attractive.
I always get good deals, I've bought a Rockford T1500bdcp as good as new for 200 bucks, a Rockford 3sixty.3 as good as new for 250 bucks, a Rockford p200-2 as good as new for 50 bucks.

But, on topic... Can I, or does anyone have experience with a 2k on .8?
Hopefully they aren't hot items

.8 wont be an issue with that amp.

DC is overbuilt

The DC 2k will do fine at .5. Dyno tests mean absolutely nothing as to what the amp will do in real life.
I ran two of them for a season. Wired to .5, I clamped around 1800 watts per amp.
Sorry, English isn't my mothertongue. What does clamped mean? I've seen that DC 2k do 2600 on a dyno, as my voltage is pretty constant I should be able to do quite some watts.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Hopefully they aren't hot items
.8 wont be an issue with that amp.

DC is overbuilt
Cool, I'll be going .8 for sure. By the way, ain't hot items. P200 and T1500 have been in my car for a long while nog, nothing wrong. All looks good, just bought them from people who had no idea what they were selling.

My best deal so far was a Bit One for 100 usd, had to flip it haha...

100 bucks????!!!! That amp prob goes for 300-500 here in the states....depends what area. But....that was more than a steal. It would have been dumb to pass up something like that. Hopefully it works, and not beat up.

100 bucks????!!!! That amp prob goes for 300-500 here in the states....depends what area. But....that was more than a steal. It would have been dumb to pass up something like that. Hopefully it works, and not beat up.
Thanks for your kind reaction, I appreciate it. You're a helpful guy, and those things go for way more here as well. It was in good condition too, looks new, on a few exceptions.

I was just extremely lucky on most of my gear.

I mean, I bought my 320a high output alt custom made in the states for 360usd shipped to Europe //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thanks for your kind reaction, I appreciate it. You're a helpful guy, and those things go for way more here as well. It was in good condition too, looks new, on a few exceptions.I was just extremely lucky on most of my gear.

I mean, I bought my 320a high output alt custom made in the states for 360usd shipped to Europe //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Can you get pics?

Dual 1 ohm sub wired parallel = .8 ohm? Are you quite certain your DMM is accurate?

Most people here would run an amp like that at .5 ohm, but be aware that is pretty hard on semiconductors no matter how many batteries you have. If the cost of a repair would really hurt you, you might look into keeping it at 1 ohm or higher.

Dual 1 ohm sub wired parallel = .8 ohm? Are you quite certain your DMM is accurate?
Most people here would run an amp like that at .5 ohm, but be aware that is pretty hard on semiconductors no matter how many batteries you have. If the cost of a repair would really hurt you, you might look into keeping it at 1 ohm or higher.
My DMM isn't expensive but it's functional, it reads .7, I understand it could be hard on certain parts but my electricals are pretty good. My ground and positive aren't shorter than 1 meter, that's just over 3 feet. All 0 gauge, double inputs, directly wired up to a mini 18ah agm in the back, which is directly wired to my 66ah agm in the front. Which, in turn is hooked up to my 320 ampere alt with 3 0 gauge wires. Should be fine or?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.