Thoughts on my new setup

Did you even look at the specs of his amp.Here you go.

Max. Output Power @ 13,8 VDC - 2 OHMS: 3592W RMS

Max. Output Power @ 13,8 VDC - 4 OHMS: 2439W RMS

Max. Output Power @ 13,8 VDC - 8 OHMS: 1370W RMS

Max. Output Power @ 12,6 VDC - 2 OHMS: 3000W RMS

Max. Output Power @ 12,6 VDC - 4 OHMS: 2034W RMS

Max. Output Power @ 12,6 VDC - 8 OHMS: 1142W RMS

So maybe rethink your response now. Right DUDE.
How to Adjust Amplifier Gains Using a Digital Multi-Meter | Learning Center | Sonic Electronix

Learn to set your gains properly with a digital multi-meter. If you want to only use 1800 watts, set your volts AC to 42 and your amp wont put out any more than 1800 rms. You dont have to use ALL the power of the amp. Please actually learn something before spreading more misinformation and poor advice.

Also BOX RISE aka most of the times you will actually be at 2 or 4 ohms once inside the subs are inside a box even when you are wired to 1 ohm. You do NOT stay at 1 ohm nominal.

You do your research BUDDY. Those specs on that amp are most likely under rated and WILL cause damage.

You don't know crap about me or how long I've been dealing with car audio. So take your bad advisement's and shove it.

If you want to damage stuff, do it with your own stuff NOOB.

You do your research BUDDY. Those specs on that amp are most likely under rated and WILL cause damage.
You don't know crap about me or how long I've been dealing with car audio. So take your bad advisement's and shove it.

If you want to damage stuff, do it with your own stuff NOOB.
Ignorance is bliss for you. You've been doing it wrong for soo many years so its hard for you to take in any truthful scientific information/evidence vs your anecdotal evidence. Did you even read up on any of those topics or are you too hard headed to learn?

My last comment to you is. I hope nobody on this forum takes your advice. You clearly have no idea what your talking about.
you cant even respond back with scientific facts or continue a proper debate without turning into a hissy lil teenage kid. Lets talk real audio kid. Do you not understand what impedance rise is? Did you ever do a true RMS test out of your setup? You just look at a sticker and assume thats what you get in real world time? Damn you're fucking stupid.

you're on the wrong side of the argument @joinaunion, i ran a single hds315 on a taramps hd3k without any problems. clamped 2kw rms after rise, OP will surely get the same or less output considering i have two alternators and two batteries where as he has much less electrical.

feeding clean signal more than rms to those subs is perfectly acceptable, it's been done by many with no failures, if you couldn't tell. that's 2 2.5 inch 4 layer coils, i had a single 3 inch 4 layer coil.

My last comment to you is. I hope nobody on this forum takes your advice. You clearly have no idea what your talking about.
Well your either here solely to troll or you really are that misinformed. Either way you are wrong and have a lot of learning to do... Also you should stick with your rockfords

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you cant even respond back with scientific facts or continue a proper debate without turning into a hissy lil teenage kid. Lets talk real audio kid. Do you not understand what impedance rise is? Did you ever do a true RMS test out of your setup? You just look at a sticker and assume thats what you get in real world time? Damn you're fucking stupid.
Hey now leave him and his p1's and boss amp alone

Hey now leave him and his p1's and boss amp alone

you know what, I'm wrong I should just go sell my banda 7k and put a 4000 rms amp on my 2200 rms level 5 subs instead. I could go with a 4500 amp but no thats way too dangerous red lining it. That 100 extra watts will burn my voice coil and rip my subwoofer suspension!!!! I'll bypass the laws of physics and get maximum RMS out of my amp no matter what so I'll always under power or put JUST Rated power if I'm feeling downright dangerous livin life on the edge! People at the comps breaking records overpowering their subs with 5x amp rms power should sell their amps too. They are all wrong. This joinaunion guy is the new car audio god of the whole world that defys physics all bow down to him.

wow this dude is a moron. LOL

you can have a amp that puts out a gazzilion watts at 1 ohm and still set it to put out what you want it to. your an idiot. specs dont mean **** when it comes to this topic.

relay the specs all you want but every single one of us set our amps up mentioned before. using digital multimeters and other forms of equipment capable of showing us what setting to use for clean power.

it doesnt matter if the amp is rtated at 4k wats at 1 ohm, 3 at 2 ohm or 2 at 4 ohm etc. if you set your gains right you wont pull anything higher than you set...

think of it like this. you little pinto is probably pushing $100 hp. does it produce 100 hp at idle? NO *******. when you ress the peddal and raise your rpms is the only time youll see an increase in hp.

its the same in car audio . pick up a different hobby.

you can always tell the noobs from the crowd. ill bet he has a best buy put together system.

jensen 12's power aq amp and some ****** boss speakers. probably paid aout $1500 for installation too. and the geek squad protection taking out probably $149.99 out of his bank account every month for insurance .

I can't tell if he is a troll or just knows nothing

On top of that sq subs take quite a bit more then recommend same as sundown. I have 2 hds315s and ill be running close to 5k and there 1200 rms subs. Btw last setup was 1 hds310 on a 1200.1 and it did a 142.2 in a 4th order tuned to 47hrz. In an integra. .. New setup will be walled in the hds 315s ona pair of dd m2bs

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Before you say anything else read what's been posted. Learn what rise is and dynamics. Clean power and headroom. Sine wave and music. What is RMS

Btw. 1700rms daily to a single 800rms 8 here

It's funny how much I thought I knew about this hobby when I got back into it. Technology has changed so much as well as the understanding of the technology. Times change, we have to learn to accept it.

[quote name='joinaunion']My last comment to you is. I hope nobody on this forum takes your advice. You clearly have no idea what your talking about.[/QUOTE]
You are stupid,this guys help every body needs help there,I'm in audio for long time too but when its time for power 1500rms + Im à total noob too,take time and read this forum.

In Canada no one realy know audio because every body run small stuff like alpine rf or jl,

But @Jeffdachef your help realy help me with m'y New set up Thank's

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.