2 - 15" or 4-12" ??

Those 2.5" coils will be much more efficient then the 3" of the hdcs. Not to mention the 12's will hold more power then the 2 hdcs. I would go with the 12's all day.

I vote less is more. Fewer higher quality subs are generally better than more entry level. If you're not going full-retard cone area wall or something, in which case cheap and a lot of it can do OK. HDC3 is a solid platform.

Really odds are if you don't own a meter you won't even be able to tell the difference either way though. 30% more cone area doesn't even = 1dB

I vote less is more. Fewer higher quality subs are generally better than more entry level. If you're not going full-retard cone area wall or something, in which case cheap and a lot of it can do OK. HDC3 is a solid platform.
Really odds are if you don't own a meter you won't even be able to tell the difference either way though. 30% more cone area doesn't even = 1dB
see thats what i was thinking, about 2 better sub then 4 good subs.

no dont plan on walling right now. not sure i will ever do it.

so it will be a ported box.

and if im not going to see any difference ill just go with 2- 15" .

its not like the box is much different in size .. lol

see there a guy near me that wants all 4 of my 12" and was thinking sell them and get another hdc3 15"

see thats what i was thinking, about 2 better sub then 4 good subs.no dont plan on walling right now. not sure i will ever do it.

so it will be a ported box.

and if im not going to see any difference ill just go with 2- 15" .

its not like the box is much different in size .. lol

see there a guy near me that wants all 4 of my 12" and was thinking sell them and get another hdc3 15"
Flip a coin. All things being equal output should be about the same.

Id say sell them all and get some better woofers.for example 2 acendant audio havoc 15s..

Havoc 15 Ascendant Audio 15" 1500W Havoc Series Subwoofer - SSA STORE

they sound alot better than the HD3 and are efficient and get loud off 1kw you can easily feed them 1500 per..
can you read...........

im not selling all.

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

say fk it and do a series tuned 6th order wall with the two 15s.
only if you build it... lol

ya would love to do a wall with 4 hdc3 15" but...

so need to stick with a box. plus dont have the money for 3 more 15" and all the wood and stuff for a wall. or the health to do it.

when i got back into audio that was my plan but things change.

More square inches with the 12s, i would think the 12s ported would be a tad louder, so thats a toss up. The 15s would play a little deeper though..hmmm..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

big scott

blazin low, and loud
big scott
edgewood, md
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from