Sundown SA - Same league as Fi / Incriminator / AA?

there are a lot of sundown nuthuggers on here, with good reason though. But If I were looking, I wouldn't put an SA12 in the same league as the Ampere Audio 12. No way.

edit: it may however be in the same league as the fi SSD and the IA as those are rated at 1000 and the SA is rumored to be able to handle that as well. Combine that with the large sundown cult and theres your answer. But the Ampere is rated at 1500 and is rumored to be able to handle much more, so its in another league.

If you put a sine wave to sundown Chinesse coil it will flame on. It's not that they are underrated, it we listen to music not sine waves.

Don't go there homie. DD Chinese crap then. I've seen the pictures of there DD baskets getting cast over in China. No one is USA only no matter what they say,

Sundown SA just doesn't have the same coil real estate as a Fi SSD or IA LI. It's less likely to handle the heat as well, but the flip side is a 2.5 coil is generally more efficient so it may not require as much power to reach the same potential as a 3" coil assuming close to optimal boxes for each subwoofer. I've personally enjoyed every SA I've played with and I really enjoy the SA Ultras that are floating around.

I would say they are roughly the same "league" (if we're talking about ~ power handling and relative performance). The SA a solid contender if you have

That Canadians ran 12 10" SA 10s on four saz4500s for awhile and they got loud and took some power, then they got Fi Ssd and they could handle alittle more power but really wasn't a big upgrade.

The sundown is not in the same league... And fi / aa / ssa are all birthed in the same factory in Las Vegas ... They used to gloat cast and tooled in house... Didn't see that on their site anymore tho maybe that's why the price has dropped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See, that's generally what I was thinking. I've seen and heard some insane builds with Fi and know them as one of the high end comp brands when I first got into this stuff. Now I'm seeing stuff saying Sundown is comparable. Which, I could see it being an awesome contender, but if I were building a daily ground pounder with one sub for 1000w or less, would it really be able to keep up with an Fi SSD (or even the new X), Lethal Injection, Ascendent Audio Chaos. I'm talking about a large (ish) box and massive port area to really let these things hit full excursion at 40+ mm peak to peak.

I feel like the soft parts would wear out over time on that kind of a beating. Don't get me wrong, I really like and want to do a build with Sundown, I just feel like you get the next step in quality and durability with the American subs.

To me, granted a relatively uneducated opinion, you have

Lethal Injection / Fi SSD (fully loaded on both with extra spiders etc..)

And AA Chaos

Then

Sundown SA rev 3 (little boost is thermal capacity) / SQ HDS3 / American Bass XFL

Everything else "budget"

The sundown is not in the same league... And fi / aa / ssa are all birthed in the same factory in Las Vegas ... They used to gloat cast and tooled in house... Didn't see that on their site anymore tho maybe that's why the price has dropped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Care to elaborate why you don't think they are in the same league? I would consider them all hobbyist entry level. Each one has their place depending on power, constraints, and goals. I'm not picking a fight, but would like to see justification to know where you're coming from.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.