Thoughts on my new setup

Drumbc

Ok so just wondering what you guys think about 3 soundqubed hds 212's in a box tuned to 34hz..... Running off of a taramps dsp3k. What could I expect from this setup any suggestions for a better sub ? I've only got the power that dsp3k can give me so can't get like 3 x12's wouldn't be able to push them to there capability and a new amp isn't in the budget..... ny other option is 2 15's but I already have two hds 212's just thought this would be a cheaper way to get louder and use the 3k to the full potential.....

Thanks in advance

Yes made a new one cause now I'm going 3 12's and wanting input on it like how many cubes I was think 7 which would give each sub about 2 cubs after displacement is that enough or do I need more stuff like that

Check out "chill master will" on Instagram or "William Gay" on Facebook. He did a setup with 3 12s that was really nice for how cheap it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out "chill master will" on Instagram or "William Gay" on Facebook. He did a setup with 3 12s that was really nice for how cheap it was.

Was 3 Skar IX 12's on a Skar SK-800 that did I think a 140 or a 143.

Yea exactly for how simple it was and on stock electrical, i thought it was really nice

I did 2 skar ix 12s in a 2012 charger on a ph1600 on stock electrical, did a 138 I think.

Yeah after seeing that build it almost made me want to do a setup on low power and stock electrical

I thought about doing like 2 x8s on a sundown 2500 or something like that in a 6th, but I am going to go like 2 12s or 2 10s on a sq3500 at half or one and upgrade power later on.

mine will be on almost stock electrical got a 15 amp bigger alt than stock that's all if i could hit 140-145 would be great
You could easily as long as the box is right.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Those subs(HDS212) are rated at 600 rms max. The amp you mention may damage your subs. Way to much power. If you have 3 that gives you a total of 1800 watts rms. If your going to use that amp you will need to wire in a 8ohm load so you don't damage the subs. Otherwise it is highly recommended you get better subs. Whats your budget for subs? How many would you prefer to have?

Those subs(HDS212) are rated at 600 rms max. The amp you mention may damage your subs. Way to much power. If you have 3 that gives you a total of 1800 watts rms. If your going to use that amp you will need to wire in a 8ohm load so you don't damage the subs. Otherwise it is highly recommended you get better subs. Whats your budget for subs? How many would you prefer to have?
You have no concept of box/impedance rise works huh? You might want to read up a bit more before giving advice on this forum. You can set gains with a multi-meter to a specific safe wattage. Headroom with power is always good, an amp sitting on its *ss all day barely lifting a finger will have much cleaner power and efficiency than an overworked amp. Those subs can handle a good bit than their 600 rms rating.

Well I would never take your advice dude. You clearly don't care if a person damages there products. I would suggest you research overpowering subs. You always go by RMS rated power nothing else.

Did you even look at the specs of his amp.Here you go.

Max. Output Power @ 13,8 VDC - 2 OHMS: 3592W RMS

Max. Output Power @ 13,8 VDC - 4 OHMS: 2439W RMS

Max. Output Power @ 13,8 VDC - 8 OHMS: 1370W RMS

Max. Output Power @ 12,6 VDC - 2 OHMS: 3000W RMS

Max. Output Power @ 12,6 VDC - 4 OHMS: 2034W RMS

Max. Output Power @ 12,6 VDC - 8 OHMS: 1142W RMS

So maybe rethink your response now. Right DUDE.

Well I would never take your advice dude. You clearly don't care if a person damages there products. I would suggest you research overpowering subs. You always go by RMS rated power nothing else.
You a noob end of story lmao. Read up on physics a little bit rather than regurgitated recomendations from other noobs.

Educate yourself a little bit.

Do a few clamp tests and see how much real world power you are actually getting with your amp. you got a lot to learn buddy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.