Thoughts on 10 inch subwoofer.

I get it we used to do slot of 4 10 ported setups just to prove they could be louder and sound better than the 6 12 sealed setups that were popular at the time.we did 4 10inch mojo's in a 98eclipse and later swapped them for 4 t1 10s. We also did 4 p3 10s in a Ford 500 and 4 Memphis mojo 10s in a 96 Impala.

All of those systems sounded great and were right around 5 cubes. I haven't worked at a sound shop in 10years so I don't get to build big much anymore. My vehicles can't really fit a 6 cube box of large subs
Yeah that's pretty much it exactly. I want to try 4 12's see how that works. Maybe odd numbers like 3 10's and see what the difference is. Doing the same thing over and over feels like asking Picasso to paint the same picture over and over again. There's no artistry. But doing multiple cars with different systems in each would be nice. That's a personal touch. Plus I have plenty of buddies with stock systems so once I iron out the major mistakes from inexperience I'll have plenty of stock to work with. 😁

Yeah that's pretty much it exactly. I want to try 4 12's see how that works. Maybe odd numbers like 3 10's and see what the difference is. Doing the same thing over and over feels like asking Picasso to paint the same picture over and over again. There's no artistry. But doing multiple cars with different systems in each would be nice. That's a personal touch. Plus I have plenty of buddies with stock systems so once I iron out the major mistakes from inexperience I'll have plenty of stock to work with. 😁

Have you ever thought of 8-8's in 5.5 or 6 cubes?

How about 32 6-½'s? My friend built this.

Screenshot_20220414-044601_Facebook.jpg

I just heard 6 Sundown SA rev3 12's at 34hz on 8k in a Yukon.. I'm definitely going as loud as possible. All 4 doors and the rear hatch were flexing hard. Dont think I'll get anywhere near where that truck is but doesn't hurt to try

My friend had 6 - 18" Team Fi subs on six Wolfram Arctic Wolf 9K's in his Tahoe. Sixth order box sealed off. It was nasty.

I just got the modeling for 4 DC Audio level 4's and for 4 Adire audio Brahmas. They're so close the difference is negligible. So that's the way I'm going. Depending on which one I can get a discount?
I really like the DC subs. Ive been looking at them/Level 4s in 12s.Ive heard the Brahma do really well even in sealed applications. Id like to change my sub stage up inthe next couple years. Ive got my eye out on one USA made Company. there will certainly be more options for me to choose from by then. Until then. Im sticking with what I have and see where it ends up this time around. Rebuilding an SPL setup again.

I really like the DC subs. Ive been looking at them/Level 4s in 12s.Ive heard the Brahma do really well even in sealed applications. Id like to change my sub stage up inthe next couple years. Ive got my eye out on one USA made Company. there will certainly be more options for me to choose from by then. Until then. Im sticking with what I have and see where it ends up this time around. Rebuilding an SPL setup again.
Dude at this point, the way things have been going this last week, I'll be happy to just finish this one. But I'm going to do it right. I made a lot of mistakes and now that I'm nearing the end I'm feeling a little regretful that I didn't go big from the beginning. I could have put a higher level of SQ speaker in. Something above the Hertz Dieci. I'm not sure that a set of coaxials and components will keep up with four 10 in DC level 4's. Even if I add the 3 inch coaxials in the kick panels.

So after everything I decided to go with the DC Audio Level 1 D2 12s wired to 1 ohm.

I confirmed what the biggest possible box is that I can fit in my trunk and the specs are below. I made a mockup from cardboard to verify.

Screenshot_20230125_133913_Ultimate Car Audio App.jpgScreenshot_20230125_131858_Speaker Box Lite.jpg

That's the curve including cabin gain. She so sexy. 😁

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...