Thoughts on 10 inch subwoofer.

Aero -Port is a hell of a space saver to get tuned properly. Ill be watching to see if you have a build on the sub stage install. it will be interesting to watch come together.

How much airspace do you actually have?
6 cube max. But it's a tight fit less than 1/4 inch tolerance all around.

This is the best case scenario:

Screenshot_20220928-191044_Ultimate Car Audio App.jpgScreenshot_20220928-191050_Ultimate Car Audio App.jpg

Last edited:
6 cube max. But it's a tight fit less than 1/4 inch tolerance all around.

This is the best case scenario:

View attachment 43075View attachment 43076

That's too small for four 12's. You better go four 10's. Just sayin. Having 6 cubes of room is different than building a 6 cube box and being able to put it in your vehicle. I've seen some boxes altered or tossed because they couldn't get them in the vehicle.

Do an 8inch port or 2 6s 7inch aeros don't exist.
Also 4 10s 12s won't work. Not enough airspace
It'll fit with 4 DC Audio level 4 12's. They need 1.25 cube ported.

And I know what you're talking about with the angle of insertion into the trunk. I calculated that as well. It's gonna fit easy.

The dimensions above aren't the dimensions of the actual trunk. They're the width and height of the trunk opening plus what the triangulation of the insertion will allow. So yes, I can put 6 cube if I wanted to.

And I know what you're talking about with the angle of insertion into the trunk. I calculated that as well. It's gonna fit easy.

The dimensions above aren't the dimensions of the actual trunk. They're the width and height of the trunk opening plus what the triangulation of the insertion will allow. So yes, I can put 6 cube if I wanted to.

Well you do you I think that 4 12s is going to be pretty peaky and have a fairly narrow bandwidth. I don't run 12s under 2cubes each maybe 1.75 each in shared chamber. I don't even put 10s in less than 1.25 each.

Try and get 5 cubes after port and sub displacement.

Try and get 5 cubes after port and sub displacement.
Screenshot_20220928-192757_Ultimate Car Audio App.jpgScreenshot_20220928-192805_Ultimate Car Audio App.jpg

I did. They'll fit. Keep in mind that's 1/2 inch lower than the maximum height and 1 inch shorter.

FYI I've already confirmed with a pro box builder. I'm not spouting nonsense. I did the work. They'll fit.

But think what you will...

Lewis King

Well you do you I think that 4 12s is going to be pretty peaky and have a fairly narrow bandwidth. I don't run 12s under 2cubes each maybe 1.75 each in shared chamber. I don't even put 10s in less than 1.25 each.
You can't put DC Audio 12's in oversized boxes they'll overextend from the lack of sufficient back pressure and burn out.

Check out Parker the Basshead video where he did exactly that and burned a $900 DC Audio sub. He was talking **** until he got ratio'd in his own comment section by people who knew better. He apologized at the beginning of the next video he did. True facts.

Again, I do the homework. I called DC Audio and spoke to them, let them know what I intended to do, and they agreed. 30hz is going to slam and be super low. And they agreed wholeheartedly.

I don't have a lot of money. I do tech support. I'm not in a position to throw away $2,500 without checking to make absolutely sure that what I'm spending it on is going to work. I'm putting in 60 hour work weeks for the next 2 months so that I can pay for the speakers and the amplifier. That would be a lot of energy to throw away by not taking the time to verify with the experts.

M
You can't put DC Audio 12's in oversized boxes they'll overextend from the lack of sufficient back pressure and burn out.

Check out Parker the Basshead video where he did exactly that and burned a $900 DC Audio sub. He was talking **** until he got ratio'd in his own comment section by people who knew better. He apologized at the beginning of the next video he did. True facts.

Again, I do the homework. I called DC Audio and spoke to them, let them know what I intended to do, and they agreed. 30hz is going to slam and be super low. And they agreed wholeheartedly.

I don't have a lot of money. I do tech support. I'm not in a position to throw away $2,500 without checking to make absolutely sure that what I'm spending it on is going to work. I'm putting in 60 hour work weeks for the next 2 months so that I can pay for the speakers and the amplifier. That would be a lot of energy to throw away by not taking the time to verify with the experts.

Eh DC will tell you what you want to hear to sell product.

Hope it works out for you.

M

Eh DC will tell you what you want to hear to sell product.

Hope it works out for you.
Definition of "Haters Gonna Hate" 🤣😂🤣

I don't know what's sadder, that you have that hate, or that you're willing to spout uneducated opinions when confronted with the facts.

1.There's the box specs from the box designer app
2. Anyone that goes to DC Audio's website can verify the t/s parameters. Here, I'll make it easier for you. Just click here and web search. https://www.dcsoundlab.com/level-4
3. Didja even look at the video I referenced? 🤣🤣🤣 Here, I'll make that easier for you as well. Click there, it'll help you out.

You can educate the willing, but the key word is willing. IJS...🤷

Last edited:
Definition of "Haters Gonna Hate" 🤣😂🤣

I don't know what's sadder, that you have that hate, or that you're willing to spout uneducated opinions when confronted with the facts.

1.There's the box specs from the box designer app
2. Anyone that goes to DC Audio's website can verify the t/s parameters. Here, I'll make it easier for you. Just click here and web search. https://www.dcsoundlab.com/level-4
3. Didja even look at the video I referenced? 🤣🤣🤣 Here, I'll make that easier for you as well. Click there, it'll help you out.

You can educate the willing, but the key word is willing. IJS...🤷

Love how you keep on going I design my own boxes, have been doing so for more than a decade I have my own box programs I use. Your pro box designers only difference between me and him is he gets paid to do it. Which 10years ago so was I.

And parker does alot of noob ****. He is the definition of throw **** at the wall to see what sticks.

Air space is but 1 variable of a box design as is port area, port location, port loading, cabin gain, power input, desired bandwidth and peak, material thickness and weight, box flex, internal standing waves and several others.

Until you build a box that accounts for all the variables I couldn't care less about Parker throwing that sub in a recycled box designed for a different sub.

Like said you do you. Your gonna have a peaky box. You don't get to have bandwidth with compact boxes like that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...