Those of You Using Components in Q-Logic Kickpanels

Participant count
  • Participant list

james33440
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
FL
I was wondering if anyone has experienced any problems using components in Q-Logic kickpanels? I was thinking of adding either another set of Kicker Resolution RS6c components into my kickpanels or swapping the RS6c components that I have in my doors to my kickpanels and putting in some Kicker Resolution midbass speakers in the doors. Regardless, I will be putting in some components in my kickpanels. Now, should I spend the money on the Q-logic kickpanels or get some custom made fiberglass pods done?

i beg to differ, q forms from a few years ago weren't made that great, i've seen a few and wasn't impressed, but the newer ones are made quite nicely. i got a set for my 02 civic, and i was impressed at how thick the plastic was, not to mention how well they fit. if you have a newer car, i would try out the q forms, $150 isn't much to get improved imaging. going from the speakers in the doors to q forms is very dramatic, however, i will agree with Gauntlet, if you have them custom made, they will be imaged how you like it, and will sound better, but they will definately cost more.

Originally posted by slick316 i beg to differ, q forms from a few years ago weren't made that great, i've seen a few and wasn't impressed, but the newer ones are made quite nicely. i got a set for my 02 civic, and i was impressed at how thick the plastic was, not to mention how well they fit. if you have a newer car, i would try out the q forms, $150 isn't much to get improved imaging. going from the speakers in the doors to q forms is very dramatic, however, i will agree with Gauntlet, if you have them custom made, they will be imaged how you like it, and will sound better, but they will definately cost more.
But they're still plastic, which is much more conducive to breaking and cracking than fiberglass is. I weigh 205, and I've been able to stand on properly-made fiberglass kick panels without any form of flexing at all; I can't say the same for Q-Logic. Granted, that kind of pressure is never going to be applied to them in a realistic application, but it shows the huge stability differences between plastic and fiberglass.

And custom-made fiberglass kick panels should only run you around 200 or so; the extra 50 is well worth it in my opinion. Or you can just do it yourself, which would run maybe 100 bucks or so (depending on the quantity) plus labor. Fiberglassing really isn't as hard as a lot of people make it out to be, it's just a tedious (and messy) process.

yea, you're right, they are still just plastic, but for me, it was the best choice. i couldnt find a place locally that can build me fiberglass kicks for anyless than $300, and i didn't have the time nor effort to make my own. you can always line the inside of the q forms with dampening material, or seal them off with fiberglass, but for me, a little dynamat did wonders and they sound great with my HEX's.

for $200, i would definately get custom made kicks, but that wasn't an option for me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.