Thinking about Cone area, power handling, and motor force.

Any well designed driver accounts for power compression and can dissipate tge heat. Hebce they do a 181 with one driver when they added another and cut power is have they only gained 1.5.. 

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Partically correct..
Do tell in detail how any of that is true and why losisatool is partially incorrect.
You stay busy talking bu11sh1t opinions and "facts" that can't be proven.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Do tell in detail how any of that is true and why losisatool is partially incorrect.
You stay busy talking bu11sh1t opinions and "facts" that can't be proven.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Phase is one issue that plauges output.

The cabins acoustical losses is another.

The qt of the cabins dampening.

Total system efficency.

Two drivers not only present phasing issues but also dampening issues and purely the alignment itself can be an issue. The shape of the cabin plays a large roll in where that pressure is saturated.

I guess you missed where I said "all other factors being equal". Two drivers running 500 watts, versus the exact same driver but twice the cone area running 1000 watts, the twin motor setup will dissipate more heat and thus suffer less power compression. What Im saying is not even controversial, I find it interesting you seem to want to argue.
He is illiterate, argumentative, and has contributed nothing of value to this board. Many of us have put him on ignore, and if you're still a mod I'd encourage you to IP ban him.

I ended up with 1 18 right now. Still stiff as morning wood, but its louder than the 12 I had on less power (1500 watt amp but at 2 ohms instead of one) once break in is done ill worry about getting more power.
What sub? Pics of the box?

You bought an 18? Do tell...
A Skar EVL 18. (Yes I know. Not the world's best driver but it's what I could afford right now) in a 6.5 cubic foot enclosure tuned to 32 hz. Will upload pics in just a minute. The box isn't beautiful rn but I plan to bedliner it and just clean it up in general. I plan on buying 3 more 18s and running a b pillar 4th order. Right now the one 18 is on my APCL1500.1 I already had at 2 ohms. Good to break it in and then I'll add more power. (Probably a taramps 5k per 2 woofers.) The reason why I went with the EVL 18 is not only because I could afford it (a big plus) but also because 1. I talked to another Jeep Grand Cherokee owner who sent me many videos of his 2 EVL 18s in a 4th c pillar doing some serious work and he highly recommend for the price, and 2. I'm still in highschool. Even if 15s or 12s could get louder, there's just some serious street cred with bumping the big 18s, and I'm sure you all know where I'm coming from there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

He is illiterate, argumentative, and has contributed nothing of value to this board. Many of us have put him on ignore, and if you're still a mod I'd encourage you to IP ban him.

What sub? Pics of the box?
See the above post. And I'll throw up some imgur links in just a moment.

[quote name='dudeogo']@hispls. @Boomin_tahoe
EVL 18 in the 98 Grand Cherokee https://imgur.com/gallery/nWFAk

6.5 cubic feet. 32hz. Designed and built by me. It's not pretty yet because I just finished it two days ago and was anxious to get it running.[/QUOTE]

Yep it's an 18" EVL... Local guy here sold 2 of those for $380 recently with 2 months use... got a couple of 18" Zv4's and went straight from barely 150 and change to +153 with only a driver swap...
Same wall, same amps and the only electrical change I'm aware of is he added buss bars to his rear batteries instead of wire...

Yep it's an 18" EVL... Local guy here sold 2 of those for $380 recently with 2 months use... got a couple of 18" Zv4's and went straight from barely 150 and change to +153 with only a driver swap... Same wall, same amps and the only electrical change I'm aware of is he added buss bars to his rear batteries instead of wire...
well. EVLs are like $270. Its what I can afford right now. I plan on running different woofers in the long run, but what I can afford is what I can afford. Also remember with being 17 I still live with my parents. Even though I make my own money they absolutely threw a fit over me spending almost 300 on a subwoofer something they think is useless and a ridiculous waste of money. They would absolutely shat their pants if I all of a sudden ordered a BTL or Zv5 or EVIL etc right now. Hell. A 150 would make me happy as a clam.

well. EVLs are like $270. Its what I can afford right now. I plan on running different woofers in the long run, but what I can afford is what I can afford. Also remember with being 17 I still live with my parents. Even though I make my own money they absolutely threw a fit over me spending almost 300 on a subwoofer something they think is useless and a ridiculous waste of money. They would absolutely shat their pants if I all of a sudden ordered a BTL or Zv5 or EVIL etc right now. Hell. A 150 would make me happy as a clam.
Relax... all I stated was facts... I understand a budget... look at my sig... I hope ya' do +150 with 1 BTW... I like my 12's and the price was right... I'm not hating on your sub... Could you Imagine getting your hands on 2 for $380... I would have bought it and I've got no room....

Relax... all I stated was facts... I understand a budget... look at my sig... I hope ya' do +150 with 1 BTW... I like my 12's and the price was right... I'm not hating on your sub... Could you Imagine getting your hands on 2 for $380... I would have bought it and I've got no room....
I wasn't throwing any shade back, I was just making sure you understood my situation. Communicating over type is awful! lol! but yeah I get your point. I plan on having 4 of them so Im sure that will kick me over a 150 and thats all I really want out of them. 150-155ish. I also plan on not having EVLs as soon as I can afford better. Which will mean having the setup for a while, then selling and adding to that pile. So I think I'll be happy with 4 of em for a while :p

I wasn't throwing any shade back, I was just making sure you understood my situation. Communicating over type is awful! lol! but yeah I get your point. I plan on having 4 of them so Im sure that will kick me over a 150 and thats all I really want out of them. 150-155ish. I also plan on not having EVLs as soon as I can afford better. Which will mean having the setup for a while, then selling and adding to that pile. So I think I'll be happy with 4 of em for a while :p
Yeah the motors an those EVL's look small on the 18"... don't they?.. the 12's look like they belong there more... LOL!.. but I've been told that the motor force on the 12's is low even... go figure...

K0AV6B3.jpg

I'd love a set of ZV4's btw... but $ is scarce over here too...

A Skar EVL 18. (Yes I know. Not the world's best driver but it's what I could afford right now) in a 6.5 cubic foot enclosure tuned to 32 hz. Will upload pics in just a minute. The box isn't beautiful rn but I plan to bedliner it and just clean it up in general. I plan on buying 3 more 18s and running a b pillar 4th order. Right now the one 18 is on my APCL1500.1 I already had at 2 ohms. Good to break it in and then I'll add more power. (Probably a taramps 5k per 2 woofers.) The reason why I went with the EVL 18 is not only because I could afford it (a big plus) but also because 1. I talked to another Jeep Grand Cherokee owner who sent me many videos of his 2 EVL 18s in a 4th c pillar doing some serious work and he highly recommend for the price, and 2. I'm still in highschool. Even if 15s or 12s could get louder, there's just some serious street cred with bumping the big 18s, and I'm sure you all know where I'm coming from there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Yeah the motors an those EVL's look small on the 18"... don't they?.. the 12's look like they belong there more... LOL!.. but I've been told that the motor force on the 12's is low even... go figure...
K0AV6B3.jpg

I'd love a set of ZV4's btw... but $ is scarce over here too...
If it says anything... My EVL 18 weighed not too much more than my Hannibal 12. And has a smaller motor.

I dont ban people for being wrong or argumentative. That use to be like half the people on this site.

[quote name='dudeogo']A Skar EVL 18. (Yes I know. Not the world's best driver but it's what I could afford right now) in a 6.5 cubic foot enclosure tuned to 32 hz. Will upload pics in just a minute. The box isn't beautiful rn but I plan to bedliner it and just clean it up in general. I plan on buying 3 more 18s and running a b pillar 4th order. Right now the one 18 is on my APCL1500.1 I already had at 2 ohms. Good to break it in and then I'll add more power. (Probably a taramps 5k per 2 woofers.) The reason why I went with the EVL 18 is not only because I could afford it (a big plus) but also because 1. I talked to another Jeep Grand Cherokee owner who sent me many videos of his 2 EVL 18s in a 4th c pillar doing some serious work and he highly recommend for the price, and 2. I'm still in highschool. Even if 15s or 12s could get louder, there's just some serious street cred with bumping the big 18s, and I'm sure you all know where I'm coming from there :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dudeogo']@hispls. @Boomin_tahoe
EVL 18 in the 98 Grand Cherokee https://imgur.com/gallery/nWFAk

6.5 cubic feet. 32hz. Designed and built by me. It's not pretty yet because I just finished it two days ago and was anxious to get it running.[/QUOTE]

Actually, that box doesn't look all that bad if it's your 1st build. I've seen much worse. I might have an issue with the port being so close to the tailgate because from the pics, it looks awfully close. The general rule of thumb for spacing is something like 3-4". Um...another thing I noticed is how close your screws are to the edge of the MDF....that can cause the mdf to break off a chunk being so close like that. .375" is 1/2 of 3/4" or .75". Just so you know...and lay out some lines next time if you build again for the screws.

Like he said above it looks pretty good overall... I always mark it all out, predrill for screws and at least mark the mounting holes in the baffle... but I can only do so much anymore... it kills me to ask my 20 year old for assistance... anyways this is how the last baffle I did looked just prior to assembly... I used a #6 countersink bit to predrill... my boxes are never perfect but they look alright... and they just look better with the screws countersunk instead of protruding IMO... looks like some screws got pulled onto the wood and others did not... a little carpet will cover any of that I know... just a pointer if you are interested...

UD6NMHn.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.