What the sound difference in 2 CT Sounds Bio 10" ver 1 12" Hifonics HFX12D4

Participant count
  • Participant list

bunnerrabbit
10+ year member

What difference would I notice between the 2 ct 10's at 300w total to the Hifonics 12 at 300w? Both sealed. I already have the Hifonics but got the Bio really cheap. Hope to get a little better midbass maybe up to 90hz with slightly more punch, or will it be about the same?

they will be overall better by far(just one of the CT alone has 1.5x the motor size of your hfx12) and can take more power than that hifonics easily. However the sub wont reach up to 90hz loudly and that punchyness you are talking about, thats 40 to 60hz. The midbass thuds are handled by the door speakers from then on. 60 to 80hz is where the sub and mid blends together. You just need more overall output in general if the bass doesnt feel punchy enough for you. Punch needs a lot of strong pressure at once. Sealed box isnt gonna get you anywhere close to that. It'll always feel weak, smooth with no real viceral punch.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.