The Worst Sub

i had two of those rockford f&f 10" subs in my first crx (mounted inverted of course so you couldn't see the f&f logo lol) and i have to say i've definitely heard worse... jensen, boss and vr3 come to mind.

Worst i ever heard was my cousin's 12" mtx roadthunder in a sealed box made for a 10 that he whittled bigger with a knife and slathered with silicone powered by about 2x too much power. It sounded like there was a pop bottle bouncing around between the back on the seat in his truck and the cone, however there wasn't. the VC(s) where still intact and it only sounded worse when it his lower notes and bottomed out.

these just look like bad news

Cadence Z10W-4 200 Watts RMS Ultradrive Subwoofer

z10w2.jpg

My best freinds uncle's two 12" Boss subs in a prefab bandpass box in his Caravan! I have never heard worse distortion in my life.
Odd. Bandpass enclosures actually minimize audible distortion levels. I think you might be confusing distortion with poor frequency response.

I think his are sealed, I dont know. Hes only running like 200w to each sub. They had alot of boom but no sound quality to go with it.
i had mine in a grand prix (2dr) slot port tuned to about 40 hz...it was good sounding and loud for free subs from my bro

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.