id max 12

jayhawker
10+ year member

Picked this up on craigslist this evening for $125. I think that this was a good price for the woofer. Below is/was the link.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/ele/1162628794.html

I am currently running a Kenwood XW12R in a sealed 1.3^ box and it is being pushed by a Kenwood X1R. If I stay with a similar enclosure what type of hearable difference do think there will be, if any at all. And, at what volume level would this happen at? My last few systems have been sealed but I open to the idea of a slot port.

I DO NOT listen to rap or hip hop. Easy listening, classic rock, soft rock and 80's music (im old) is what I listen to.

Did I waste my time buying this woofer? I already have a buyer lined up for either woofer. This is in an 07 Civic Hybrid.

nice woofer an idmax for 125 I would buy that even if I had no plans for it, as long as it was still good.sell that kenwood its a turd compared to the IDMAX

What a deal....

WTF why dont people in MN do crazy **** like this and list a sweet sub. All i have is SONY and PIONEER garbage to search through.

this is an excellent sq woofer. im not familiar with your kenwood sub but i would imagine a pretty noticable difference between this idmax and your previous one. Also your current box will work pretty well with this sub. IMO the ideal box for one is a 1.25 and after displacement you will be right about there with your current box. For the type of music you listen to i feel this will be a pretty good woofer to fit your needs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.