12"RE XXX or 13W7

chief_bignut
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ok guys im not wanting to start a debate on what sub is better these are the two subs that i have to decide between its either 2 13W7s or 2 12"XXX the w7s are $600 and the XXX are $500 ok so from a money standpoint the XXX are the better deal right off the bat but do they sound better i know i have had Fi Q's and W7's before and all that good stuff but im liking the XXX's and i want to try them out but im kinda hesitant anyone here have experience with these that can give me that little push i need to go ahead and bite the bullet on the XXX's. what iw ant to know is should i stick with the W7s or go with the XXX thanks guys

XXX is probably a bit louder, and an amazing sounding woofer.

However.

Power is an issue. The newer XXX's are power hungry SOB's. Not so much with the W7's.

If you have the power, XXX's. If you're not looking to do fairly substantial electrical upgrades with larger amps, go with the dub7's or another option.

w7 since they are the best subs ever created.
if they are the best sub ever how come they don't have a world record ? I can name 5 subs in the last 3 yrs that all have world records and none are JL. nice sub no doubt but it is far from the best or everyone would want one.

My OLM subs will crush anything JL makes on sq and spl .

XXX is probably a bit louder, and an amazing sounding woofer.
However.

Power is an issue. The newer XXX's are power hungry SOB's. Not so much with the W7's.

If you have the power, XXX's. If you're not looking to do fairly substantial electrical upgrades with larger amps, go with the dub7's or another option.
W7 has a full 5dB advantage when it comes to power, that's almost 1/4th the power requirements.

w7 will sound better but wont get louder. I'll get the XXX because of price, and the crazy amount of dough JL charges. There was a thread yesterday about someone beening quoted 500 for recone.

I read that thread a while ago and that *****. Icant help but wonder if that one receptionist had been nicer about things if his perception of the way things were handles would be different. (not siding with jl on the matter)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

chief_bignut

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
chief_bignut
McAllen, Texas, United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date