The wife, kids, and car audio

Your wife

• Hates car audio and maybe even wants it gone.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Doesn’t care either way

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Loves car audio and even supports it.

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
So U would rather live your life unHappy with a bltch then start over and have your own life.. that’s fvcked up. Man up and leave that bltch
is what it is man.. in fairness to me i thought i'd die of heart attack like 10 years ago lol.. some peeps don't plan to die young, i didn't plan to live past 45..

For my Center channel, atmos speakers and rear surrounds I have them hooked up to a Emotiva XPA-5 Amp (5x200W Rms @ 8 ohm) and my front towers are connected to a Emotiva XPA-2 (2x300W Rms @ 8ohms).
Speakers are: Front Towers Klipsch RP-280F, Center Klipsch RP-450C, Rears Klipsch RP-160M, Atmos Klipsch RP-140SA

Subwoofers: Dayton Ultimax 15's x 2 - Sub Amp: Crown X4000 (Also known as the Crown XLi-3500)
Damndude, I thought that I was doing something when I built my home theater with a slot ported 15 on 300wrms. I have 4 polk t50 towers for surrounds, and a acoustic audio powered sub, and an acoustic audio center channel with dual 5 1/4 mids on a pioneer reciever that I copped for 150.

Swapped the 400 watt mono Alpine amplifier in the wife’s Sienna with the GTX 500 and set the gain to 500 watts and didn’t tell her. Took her a while and I told her I changed something but didn’t tell her what. She came in one day and said the bass is definitely more powerful and didn’t complain. Still doesn’t know I swappped the amplifier and probably thinks I just changed the tuning or something but she didn’t complain. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

We have been married for 21 years and still love each other through it all, hobbies included. She does not pretend to understand it and doesn't particularly care about it. My way to enjoy it, I opened a shop out of my garage and I do audio jobs on the side. I advertise locally and there are more customers coming every week. We live in a lake town so I'm doing boats and cars. It brings in some money and since my car has to be able to back up the claim that I am able to install, I get time to work on mine as well. The plan is to take it full time in the next year, which she does support. I sold it all once right as we were starting the family, but it was something I always missed. My youngest daughter (13) and my 9 year old son love it, windows down turned up love it. My 18 year old daughter has chronic headaches so not so much for her. My 16 year old daughter doesn't seem to care much. They do think it is cool having all of the audio jobs and are excited the business is growing.

Mine doesn't care and misses it when we don't have upgraded audio. Currently have our main living area without audio and they are all complaining. American Idol isn't the same without surround.

We have multiple businesses and vehicles so nothing gets great equipment. Serviceable and value minded in each.

You guys are making me get an itch to buy a beater hatchback or SUV and doing a budget system. $5k or so self installed.

Another limit is that I also have many other hobbies including bbq in all facets, shooting sports, hunting, fishing, camping, traveling, etc...also 3 kids 4, 10 and 12 y/o girls. All this while being heavily involved at our church limits how much I can put into it.

A beater would make it so I could practice my panel and fiberglass work.

Mine doesn't care and misses it when we don't have upgraded audio. Currently have our main living area without audio and they are all complaining. American Idol isn't the same without surround.
We have multiple businesses and vehicles so nothing gets great equipment. Serviceable and value minded in each.

You guys are making me get an itch to buy a beater hatchback or SUV and doing a budget system. $5k or so self installed.

Another limit is that I also have many other hobbies including bbq in all facets, shooting sports, hunting, fishing, camping, traveling, etc...also 3 kids 4, 10 and 12 y/o girls. All this while being heavily involved at our church limits how much I can put into it.

A beater would make it so I could practice my panel and fiberglass work.
They always make good weekend projects ..find a clean old school Bronco..you can get good deals on the bull nose 80-86 models and besides the original 66-77 those were always my favorite ...

They always make good weekend projects ..find a clean old school Bronco..you can get good deals on the bull nose 80-86 models and besides the original 66-77 those were always my favorite ...
I was thinking for easy electrical and something I'd like to drive....maybe a police sold Tahoe.
Don't get me searching. The research and buying is half the fun.

Mine loves it. Goes to shows with me when she can. Knows how much everything costs and doesn't care as long as it doesn't cost the "house" money.

Lately she's been talking about wanting to compete. I hope she changes her mind...can't afford two vehicles competing at the same time. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

These are good stories, keep them coming. Moparnut, I hope it works out well for you. It seems like car audio might be making some kind of comeback with the economy improving but it’s still a tough business to make money in, I would imagine.

These are good stories, keep them coming. Moparnut, I hope it works out well for you. It seems like car audio might be making some kind of comeback with the economy improving but it’s still a tough business to make money in, I would imagine.
Thank you. Time will tell.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...