Ideal 4 channel amp for my upgraded OEM system

Participant count
  • Participant list

nondem

I've replaced the factory door speakers in my 2017 Ford Crew cab pickup with decent aftermarket ones. The sound is improved but I'd like to get the most possible out of these new speakers.

I've found a wiring harness that lets me splice a four-channel amp in to power them using high-level outputs from the factory Sync 3 head unit(non-Sony/non-external amp). Considering the power-handling I have - how much power should I be driving these speakers with? Suggestions on an amp?

Here is what I have:

Front - Kicker 43CSC6934(3 way 6x9)

Maximum RMS Wattage 150

Peak Power Handling (Watts) 450

Rear - Kicker 43CSC674(2 way 6.75")

Maximum RMS Wattage 100

Peak Power Handling (Watts) 300

It’s going to sound like crap using the stock HU.
I get the whole deal w/the OEM stuff being EQed specific to the OEM speakers. Having said that - just replacing the OEM speakers with these Kickers made a big improvement in the sound quality. I can't imagine adding some punch to the sound would make it bad.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.