The Saturn: Death-Horn Build/Addition (10kw+)

Looking very good so far. After just building door pods for all 4 of my doors, I can appreciate the amount of work that goes into glassing anything, especially this large. This may have been answered but how do you calculate the tuning for this horn?

Thanks, everyone.

The 'milkshake' I was talking about is just when you mix resin and body filler together. It's used to paint over the surface, filling imperfections and also 'settles' like a liquid so it helps level-out the surface (obviously not really the case on vertical surfaces)

As for calculating the tuning, its still very similar to calculating a normal ported enclosure but you have to mark a point where its most likely to stop acting as effective port length and simply just be a part of the environment ahead. In this case I calculated the effective port length stopping a bit back from where the bottom hump flows into the top of the enclosure. So as the enclosure sits right now with the 18's in it I would probably say im around 27hz tuning and once the 10's go in they will fill up more airspace and raise the tuning to around 28hz as far as I can see, im pretty confident its not far off from those numbers.

lookin good doug. cant wait to see it when i come home.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/santa.gif.e1ec9cf2e0a0dd232ad35aa594a126d0.gif

More layers onto the top..

2cf7be18.jpg

df2f75f4.jpg

Thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

And I got some more layers put on the drivers side front of the horn/seal plus more sanding/body filling...

3102bfca.jpg

09928ee3.jpg

Filler on the side...

2feb9f2d.jpg

A bit of sanding and filling...didnt bring the filler upto the front because the glass was still curing at the final curve over to the seal..

8818cf78.jpg

Lol well I am, just on 1kw //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif...moves some darn good air for 1k but cant wait for around 10x the power n more cone area...tehehe

man this is insane homie. when i come back to school i am most definitely coming by to check this out. gloss black is going to be **** sick. My favorite build on here for sure

Thanks, lew-e //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

And I may get a vid together if my camera will pick anything up...its terrible on vids but I may have a video camera I can borrow.

I can understand you not taking the subs out while doing all this cause it can be a huge PITA, but isn't there a chance that the fumes of the resin might damage the soft parts? What about the sanded off bondo getting into the gaps? Awesome job so far, you really make me wish I had the time and money for this.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.