The problem with LOC's or DSP's...

Bassically85
10+ year member

Looking for some options for a 2015 Dodge Challenger build and everything that I've come across has one huge flaw:

No real time easy access for adjusting parameters.

I mean what's the use of having a 9,10,31 band eq and you can't sit in the drivers seat and adjust it, or you have to bring a laptop and open up software in order to adjust something.

The best solution I've seen so far (also the most expensive) if from Kicker with their Q series. You have the option of controlling everything via an app (!time alignment, eq, crossovers, etc) im seriously thinking about forking over the dough.

Anybody have anything else comparable that I may be missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't tweak my laptop-tuned DSP. Some people view the tuning as ongoing, a constant quest for slight improvements. If that's what you want you need something special. I had the Alpine PXA-H700 package as my first big DSP. That's another style of approach for tweaking.

Doing a build myself and facing the same issue.

There will be CDs, FM, Sirius and MP3s. So quite a difference in sound quality between those sources and it sure would be nice to be able to reach over and make a couple small adjustments to improve the sound rather than accepting a compromise, expecially considering how much work is going into this system.

Doing a build myself and facing the same issue. There will be CDs, FM, Sirius and MP3s. So quite a difference in sound quality between those sources and it sure would be nice to be able to reach over and make a couple small adjustments to improve the sound rather than accepting a compromise, expecially considering how much work is going into this system.
If it's setup right every source will sound as good as it's going to get

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this unless the DSP is actively interpretting the sound and modifying the EQ on the fly. If that's what they do... holy crap that is awesome.

If a source is biased towards the mid high frequencies, like some poorly mastered songs are or even some FM stations (KROQ if you're familiar with LA) then my logic says they would sound better by backing off a bit in the higher freqs. If the source is an old poorly mastered CD, of which there are a lot out there, highs aren't there and the lows can be pretty flat- wouldn't that sound be improved by tweaking a little here and there?

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this unless the DSP is actively interpretting the sound and modifying the EQ on the fly. If that's what they do... holy crap that is awesome. If a source is biased towards the mid high frequencies, like some poorly mastered songs are or even some FM stations (KROQ if you're familiar with LA) then my logic says they would sound better by backing off a bit in the higher freqs. If the source is an old poorly mastered CD, of which there are a lot out there, highs aren't there and the lows can be pretty flat- wouldn't that sound be improved by tweaking a little here and there?
The source should not be changing anything. Don't listen to crap.

lol- it's a great big world out there and to cheat yourself of some phenomenal sounds because they weren't put togehter in a state of the art studio, or weren't made in the last ten years or so, well, you''re cheating yourself so I repsectfully disagree. Strongly.

Alpine PXA-H800 with the RUX-C800. I've ran Alpine processors and controllers since 1998 (PXA-H701/RUX-C701 and ERA-G320 were previous ones I ran).

With the RUX-C800 controller you have access to almost all features. the auto-tune Imprint requires a laptop but you're parked in a quiet location with a battery charger anyway... and that's if you want auto tune.

it has 6 presets that are global. so you can have presets for types of music, sources, listening positions, or personal preferences.

Been researching the options for a couple days now and the PXA/RUX combo appear to be the only thing on the market, currently anyways, that fit the bill for the OPs needs. A thousand bucks plus install.

If you're willing to go without the ability to adjust things from the driver's seat there are lots of options, some costing less than half.

Well, same response but backwards. There must be a million- ten, a hundred million songs that you're dismissing because the SQ is not up to par. I'd say the odds are pretty good that there are a few in there that you'd like if you gave them the chance, even with mediocre sq. It's why I listen to late night public radio music stations- every once in a while I hear a gem that I'd never come across it otherwise. I like classic rock, some other stuff but here's n example of a recent discovery-

. Music from Camaroon. Camaroon? So far beyond what I normally like but it's incredible. Decent master too. Good to open your mind.

I opened my mind - and ears.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

At no point will I ever think to myself -- I gotta hear some more Baka Beyond.

I'm a mainstreamer in general. I like classic rock, a lot of hip hop -- about anything with a good bass line (I'll endure some horrendous lyrics for a good beat), I've been getting a lot of T.I. lately on XM and enjoy most of his beats, listen to quite a bit of country too. I will occasionally check out the Jazz channel as well as some classical when I'm in the off-the-beaten-path mood, but it seems Camaroon's finest isn't going to make the rotation any time soon, or ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.