The Official Type R Thread

Ok this is important for my final decison on my system

Vehicle:

1987 Chevrolet Silverado Regular Cab

Bench seat no center console or anything

Not exactly sure about room behind seat becasue i dont have my truck for awhile

Now for the box to fit im gonna have to get 10's

So should i get 1 10" Type r and have it firing up in a ported box?

Or should i get 2 10" Type r's sealed firing forward?

I mostly listen to rap and mainly want SQL...

With all that in mind now i need an amp to power whatever decison you come to on which setup i should get.

Thanks and help me make a good choice....

1000 W RMS @ 1.5 ohm - 4 ohm (11V-14.5V), so over 500wrms per sub. since these amps are under rated by 150~200wrms.

i have the 500/1 for a single 10" type r and i would never ever ever switch that amp.

you really don't need that much power to get SQL. specially with the type r and a JL audio combo. ether way its not realistic to find 1600wrms for $200USD unless is used, stolen or Pyle. lol

Well by sql i mean loud as he11 as in able to be heard and felt from a few feet away but then when inside still have good quailty and not soud like crap like all my friends systems do all theres do are distort

you still dont need 1600wrms, you need a good quality sound system and careful selection of the individual components that are going to be making up this sound system, that plays a major factor between will this system sound like crap or will this system rock.

wishful thinking of getting the most powerful amp or subs for the lest amount of money is only going to get you the same type of system your friends have.

i dont have lots of money ether. that why careful selection of the equipment you want and patience to wait to save to have enough for the good stuff. makes a difference.

let us know what you came up with as far as brand and models for the amps goes.

Just need to chime in...

Tonight I showed my friends my new setup. Compared mine against a W7 with a 1000/1...

Verdict?

Everyone thought my setup was louder and cleaner //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Just need to chime in...
Tonight I showed my friends my new setup. Compared mine against a W7 with a 1000/1...

Verdict?

Everyone thought my setup was louder and cleaner //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
thats b/c your running a tcab //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif lol, no one believes me when i say they sound cleaner/louder then w7...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.