The Official Type R Thread

Honestly I feel that this review is a null. You used the same box, same vehicle, same power. well...same everything. This just simply goes to show that the type-r and type-s are louder and cleaner (to you) in the same box and vehicle. I am in no way biast, I have absolute ZERO exerience with either sub. Everyone needs to realize that not every sub performs their best in a single enclosure.

Next time you do a test do me a favor and try the recomended manufaturers box specs, ported and sealed, then try variations. Also It would be nice if you tried several power levels from 100-2500rms. Oh, dont forget about multiple vehicles.

Then and only then can you truely say that sub A owned dub B...

This will be my only post in this thread, cause we all know that the nOObs will turn it into a **** storm. Speakerman, you seem like you have a pretty good start at what you are doing, hit me up I have a few other suggestions for you.

-Justin

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gif

YAY!! This thread proves; Nothing

Other than assist a bunch of n00bs to bandwagoning and jumping to incorrect conclusions.......

I'd give zero weight that that "SQ" test aswell.

Blah....whatever.

until u do a test of sumthin shhhh it. juss read it and leave, if u dont like wha u readin thats all. he is gonna try diff boxes for the rl-p. it was the 1st nite he got it and this testin was done around 12am. to me the rl-p is pretty smooth at low to mid volume. but once u start turnin it up it looses all it abilities. maybe it was tyhe box. maybe it likes smaller boxes. but the box he had it in was about what was recommended for him 2 test it in from SS. im sure there is more 2 come and soon ill have aN type E here and we can test that also. hopefully i'll get an vid up of the RL-P. but i think its an awesome review and once again shows how strong of a woofer the type r is. i mean cmon 1 coil was hooked up and he was beatin the hell out of it. and it took awhile for us 2 even start 2 smell the sub. but it didnt take 2 long for the rl-p 2 stink, but it did hold its own for awhile.

SS recommended 2.35ft^3 tuned to 35hz with 1700wrms???? for some reason, i highly doubt that.

and i've done comparable testing with the rl-p, three different boxes,three different power levels....h2h with an xxx. so i guess i don't have to shhhhh.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

i was stating my opinion based upon my testing and daily listening, which is the same he is doing. and with sq, that's all it is, an opinion....i didn't dispute the spl numbers.

so you shhhh...... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

until u do a test of sumthin shhhh it.
There's nothing to "shhh" about. I own an Rl-p, and am well justified in saying that an Rl-p does not sound anywhere even close to as described in the "comparison". SPL #'s? Well, I really could care less since farted SPL #'s don't impress me any and are not a concern of mine, other than saying one test in one box in one vehicle proves absolutely nothing really. Two tests in two boxes in one vehicle proves nothing. Hell...three tests with 3 boxes doesn't really prove a whole hell of a lot.

And my main problem with all of these "Type-R" comparisons is that people read this one test, in one vehicle with limited number of box alignments (at best) and try to come to conclusive judgments such as "Oh...Type-R pwns them all!!" as evidenced in this thread alone.

so wha spl numbers did u come up wit, how did yo review go against the xxx? im curious 2 kno. i wouldnt doubt the numbers. thats wha it did and all it had it in. couldnt take anymore power.
no numbers as i didn't have a meter. but i'll say this, the xxx was the louder of the two, while the rl-p was the better sounding. same results, all three boxes. all three power levels..750, 1200, 2500...

neither sub liked nor wanted 2500, both handled 1200 easily, the xxx having the easier time of it. both liked 2ft^3 tuned to 34hz the best, the rl-p also shined in the 1.25ft^3 sealed box. teh xxx was suffocated in the sealed box...both subs sounded like ass in 2.5ft^3 tuned to 28hz, except at lower volumes. neither was loud in the 2.5ft box either.....both were loud in the 2fter

and that's it in a nutshell....and i don't doubt it (the rl-p)didn't want anymore of the 1700....1k-1.2k is the most i'd recommend for it. and even then, only with someone who knew what they were doing....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

There's nothing to "shhh" about. I own an Rl-p, and am well justified in saying that an Rl-p does not sound anywhere even close to as described in the "comparison".

x2! like i've already mentioned....

And my main problem with all of these "Type-R" comparisons is that people read this one test, in one vehicle with limited number of box alignments (at best) and try to come to conclusive judgments such as "Oh...Type-R pwns them all!!" as evidenced in this thread alone.

x2! as i have already mentioned in another thread....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

mrray13 owns. thats the test. but its cool that you took the time to do this testing, it proves almost nothing, but a little something. good work. I'll leave my opinions when I see some Type R's go against some RL-Ps in a comp. Or when I get to do some testing myself.

but all in all hope you had fun with teh subs.

Well, I really could care less since farted SPL #'s don't impress me any and are not a concern of mine, other than saying one test in one box in one vehicle proves absolutely nothing really. Two tests in two boxes in one vehicle proves nothing. Hell...three tests with 3 boxes doesn't really prove a whole hell of a lot.

What more do you want out of the test? Would you like me to test box after box after box until the RL-P sounds better? So far same size box, 2 different tunings. Not done yet...

I do believe it will sound much better in my 2 cube 30hz box... it should at least, going from experience with woofs like this. But on that same note, the type R sounds alot better in the smaller lower tuned box, too.

You all believe the tests are biased towards the type R's... why? You assume the R (and the S in this test) are in the BEST enclosures, while the former "bandwagon" woofer is in its worst. Maybe the type R is in its worst SQ box too?

Take every test for whats its worth... but this is the only test that I have seen so far of the RL-P that didn't show any bias. I listened and told you what I heard, nothing more nothing less.

As far as power handling... the RL-P bottomed out at the same volume as the type S, while being a hell of alot quieter. I don't expect more out of the RL-P SPL wise. And btw... we know the woofers are *not* seeing 1700 watts here. They are most likely in the 800-1100 watt range, depending on impedence rise. Again, take it for whats it's worth... but wired to .5, imp rise to 1.3, the amp put out 1800 watts @ 12 volts. Imp rise should be 4-5 ohms in this situation, do the math on that one.

If you disagree with the way things were done, tell me now and I can correct any mistakes while I still have all the woofers. But, don't get on here and say the test is worthless because it shows results you don't like... if you say its worthless, give a legitimate reason. If you want me to test 50 boxes in 50 cars, please close this thread now, thats out of the question. The most your getting is 3 boxes in 2 cars... which is still a HELL of alot more than the typical comparison test //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

More results to come.

mrray13 owns. thats the test. but its cool that you took the time to do this testing, it proves almost nothing, but a little something. good work. I'll leave my opinions when I see some Type R's go against some RL-Ps in a comp. Or when I get to do some testing myself.but all in all hope you had fun with teh subs.
SPL numbers you can't debate... they are solely objective. The RL-P just isn't loud, nor was it expected to be.

ishboo, if u were to see rl-p go against Rs in a comp, honestly the rl-p wouldnt have much power on it for 1 and it would get walked on, seriously, the sub doesnt compare in output and spl, R is a way betta street bangin woofer flatout. for more of a conservative application, the rl-p maybe considered.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.