midbox4.jpg

midbox5.jpg

midbox6.jpg

midbox7.jpg

midbox8.jpg

midbox9.jpg

midbox10.jpg

Wowza. Its so sweet :\
Very nice wood work man. Hook em up and tell us the results.....

gonna write up some of the results now... i'll expand on it later, pretty tired right now so you just get the abridged version //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

gonna write up some of the results now... i'll expand on it later, pretty tired right now so you just get the abridged version //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
waiting:mad:

Tests done with an orion 2500d running at 14v, voltage drop never below 13.5

Pair of big interstate workaholic batteries, stock alt.

Vehicle is an 85 s10 blazer, rear seat removed. All tests done with the drivers door open. The sensor is under the passenger dash MECA style.

~~~ SPL PORTION ~~~

SoundSplinter RL-P 12 2500d @ 2 ohm (dual 4 ohm driver in parallel)

2.35 @ 35hz

---

140.6 volume 25 freq 40hz :/// sub showing much struggle, at mechanical limits

139.6 volume 25 freq 55hz :/// sub showing much struggle, at mechanical limits

----

2.35 @ 45hz

-----

143.4 volume 25 freq 55hz :/// sub showing much struggle, at mechanical limits

-----

Alpine Type R 12 2500d @ 2 ohm (one coil on a dual 2 hooked up.... DOH!!!)

2.35 @ 35hz

-----

143.4 volume 27 freq 44hz :/// Many full volume burps with ease

-----

2.35 @ 45hz

-----

147.1 volume 27 freq 50HZ :/// Many full volume burps with ease

-----

Alpine Type S 12 2500d @ 2 ohm (dual 4 ohm driver in parallel)

2.35 @ 35hz

-----

141.5 volume 25 freq 50HZ :/// sub showing much struggle, at mechanical limits

-----

2.35 @ 45hz

-----

145.5 volume 25 freq 55hz :/// sub showing much struggle, at mechanical limits

-----

~~~ SQ PORTION ~~~

::note:: SQ portion not complete, for this in particular more boxes will be tested! All woofs sounded best in the 2.35 @ 35hz box.

Xover on deck at 60hz, 24db xover on amp set at 55hz. 0 bass boost, bass on head unit flat

I'd like to add that my front stage is.. well... bad =). I have whatever speakers were in the blazer when I bought it.

Sound Splinter RL-P 12

Not much impact... very "soft" presence even while having good SPL up into the 50hz range.

Transient response... boomy... very boomy. It was slow and muddy. At "high" volumes it just got worse and worse (not that loud to begin with). Not the worst, but far from woofers such as the alpine type X and JL w7.

Frequency response was too peaky, was "loud" within the 40-44hz range... and then dipped down until coming back in the 53-57hz range. Dips off fast below 35hz. Made complex passages sound strange and cluttered.

I expected much more out of this woof in the SPL and SQ departments... it just didn't do it in either. Hopefully further testing will yield different results!!!

-----------

Alpine Type R 12

Much more impact than the RL-P, gave a "big" feeling to the music.

Transient response was for the most part better than the RL-P, but they were equally boomy on the very low frequency stuff. LOUDEST on music... it just kept on bumpin and sounded great doin it. Very little loss of SQ at full tilt.

Frequency response was good, between 30hz and 52hz was very usable and sounded great. The woofer doesn't favor anything above 53-54hz, response goes down quite a bit. Fairly flat within its range, not extremely peaky.

Only having one coil hooked up... no idea how that effected the results... will have more testing in soon!

---------

Alpine type S 12

The most impact out of all the woofers... extremely snappy response.

Transient response was superb, best out of all 3. It played everything without a sweat. At higher volumes it definitely lost composure... didn't really get much distortion but it lost any semblance of transient response. Got extremely muddy.

Frequency response was the best out of the 3. VERY smooth and GREAT extention. Played all the way down to 25hz! Also played all the way up to 58hz while still sounding smooth and effortless.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.