The Official Type R Thread

d#@$% 150+ with 2 type S's... hmm thats louder than some W7's ...lol ..much respect JL....this is where the haters rise...
again, you're making it seem like the sub is solely responsible for the score.... it all depends on the application.... with the right box, a w7 will beat the living **** out of a type-s..... however, people spending that much money on the w7 probably arent looking for a one note wonder and going for SQ(L) instead... should everyone with a w7 go out and sell their sub and get type-s' just b/c they can hit 150+? not everyone in car audio has the sole purpose of doing well on the meter....

i honestly dont get wtf you're trying to argue....

again, you're making it seem like the sub is solely responsible for the score.... it all depends on the application.... with the right box, a w7 will beat the living **** out of a type-s..... however, people spending that much money on the w7 probably arent looking for a one note wonder and going for SQ(L) instead... should everyone with a w7 go out and sell their sub and get type-s' just b/c they can hit 150+? not everyone in car audio has the sole purpose of doing well on the meter....i honestly dont get wtf you're trying to argue....
well guess what? the reason u dont know is cuz im not trying to argue dummy! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif all this stuff on this F'n forum is strcikly opinions fool.... case closed..thats what makes forums good, people like to get ideas, argue, state there opinion, get advice and what ever else....d#$% why dont u quit hatin! go back to ur hole you came out of....

again, you're making it seem like the sub is solely responsible for the score.... it all depends on the application.... with the right box, a w7 will beat the living **** out of a type-s..... however, people spending that much money on the w7 probably arent looking for a one note wonder and going for SQ(L) instead... should everyone with a w7 go out and sell their sub and get type-s' just b/c they can hit 150+? not everyone in car audio has the sole purpose of doing well on the meter....i honestly dont get wtf you're trying to argue....
I guarantee you swapping for 2 12w7's would *not* gain me in that application.

Why? Because I'm only getting 1300 watts total... simply put. 11 volts and impedence rise... both bad bad things power wise.

Would w7's be louder @ 30hz with 1000+ per woofer... hell yea.

As far as "do subs matter".... yes, they matter alot. Its not 100% box. THe main thing is effeciancy... you can make an effeciant sub loud if you know what your doing, but ineffeciancy is hard to get around, particularly when the sub wont handle much power. Generally you will get no more than a 3db swing assuming the sub can handle the power. 3db isn't night and day, but its definitely noticeable.. and a BIG BIG deal on the meter.

The type R line is superb... PERIOD. No money involved, no rules. They get loud and sound good, flat out. They handle whatever power you can throw at them for short periods... particularly the 15. The 15 is an *extremely* strong sub and if tobias (sblazer) would man up and let me drop in the R against the SX in his blaze, maybe he'd realize how good it really is //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. Fun comparison anyway.

Meca....
but i swear i saw a 150 sealed on the dash with the spl 190 sensor;)
note - it was on par with the tlab //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I flat out couldnt turn it up when I got home. It matched the score @ 1 ohm strapped and kept screwin up after a second of volume 22. Im not sure if it even registered it. 23 is the peak volume //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

alternator.... need one bad!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.