The Official Type R Thread

Then you should be drooling over the Digital Designs 9510. Nate Munson hit 169.xdb with that single 10" sub. So, obviously 9510 > all other subs ever created by man, and a few that were created by god himself. Or....wait. Could it possibly mean that it was 95% because of the enclosure and not the sub?? Hmmm..........naw, that can't be it........

Yeah, yeah......enclosure makes the sub.......BUT- do you like cheese?

high spl scores with a mediocre sub are mainly because of the enclosure as was stated above, that's great that I can point that out... but now i wanna figure out how to build one of those insane enclosures!!!

they think just cuz someone got a great score with a sub, the same thing will happen if they buy it too.
i started this because of all the people that think these subs arent loud or cant get loud... and im not a newbie to car audio. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

high spl scores with a mediocre sub are mainly because of the enclosure as was stated above, that's great that I can point that out... but now i wanna figure out how to build one of those insane enclosures!!!
i wanna figure out what makes cheese so good

i started this because of all the people that think these subs arent loud or cant get loud... and im not a newbie to car audio. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif
almost any sub can get loud with the right enclosure, but most of the people here dont have the intelligence to make those enclosures. they compensate by throwing a ton of power at subs in inefficient, mediocre boxes.

i would much rather copy the enclosure than the sub.
this post is for exactly what u just stated, everyone or alot of folk dont give the type r 's enuff credit. not to say that u hate it but , i just think they deserve more credit thats all. it makes me sick to hear that people diss this sub because its not a SPL monster ... these r great subs in fact , they r sick...but thats the reason for this thread for everyone else who wants to know. and if 150 aint loud enuff for one of these then hell , ima go to walmart and get some road gear baby!, and some of those plastic spaekers they got , you should hear those mids good then.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

almost any sub can get loud with the right enclosure, but most of the people here dont have the intelligence to make those enclosures. they compensate by throwing a ton of power at subs in inefficient, mediocre boxes.
exaclty my point and case... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

I can not honestly post anything in this thread because first you go off about what SPL your subs can hit, then you start on how the enclosure makes the difference. PICK ONE.

this post is for exactly what u just stated, everyone or alot of folk dont give the type r 's enuff credit. not to say that u hate it but , i just think they deserve more credit thats all. it makes me sick to hear that people diss this sub because its not a SPL monster ... these r great subs in fact , they r sick...but thats the reason for this thread for everyone else who wants to know. and if 150 aint loud enuff for one of these then hell , ima go to walmart and get some road gear baby!, and some of those plastic spaekers they got , you should hear those mids good then.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif
i'm not saying they're not great subs. they're good subs, but i would hardly call them the best. nice bang for your buck is what i'd call them. they're not SPL monsters...

i get your point, theyre good subs, but how many people here are gonna make a type-r hit 150? most people here cant even make 2 type-r's hit 150.

i'm not saying they're not great subs. they're good subs, but i would hardly call them the best. nice bang for your buck is what i'd call them. they're not SPL monsters...i get your point, theyre good subs, but how many people here are gonna make a type-r hit 150? most people here cant even make 2 type-r's hit 150.

Majority of people on here probably couldn't get an MT to hit 150db.

thats my bud setup. that is a nice score. he also did that wit 1 12 TYPE R. he is now usin 2 12 type s and is doin a 150.6 on the TL. i kno have that 15 box in my BLAZE:) its def worth the panda express meal i paid for //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Pretty much any sub can get loud with the right know how. Problem is not many people... more like slim to none have the skills/intelligence to do so. How many other people do you think can make one Type R hit 150db+... 10 at most?

Yes most people don't give the Type R enough credit. Either way I think they are great subs, there really isn't a better sub for money ($100) IMO.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.