The Official Type R Thread

Would it slam herder than the strapped 500's at 2 ohm. I just bought an Atrend transmiision vented 2.0cu pre fab for $95. Does the big 3 really make that big of a diff? Can you actualy get say an extra .5-1 volt err does it just make it easier for current to pass?

arggggggggggsssssssssssssssssssssssssss......

I'm debating on the Alpine PDX-M12 vs JBL GTO14001 w/ both @ 4ohm

I dont think my charging can handle 1200-1500 @ 1ohm even w/ big 3, maybe 1000w but I would think the jbl or the pdx would draw just as much power and slam just as hard but would sound way better.

Would the pdx be the better buy?

so im trying to choose an amp for a pair of 2 ohm dvc 12" alpine type-r the new 1223d they are 600rms each, im probably gonna run them at 1ohm or maybe 2ohm(will there be a sound quality difference as far as the amp is concerned?). my question is about frequency response if an amp says it runs from 30hz+ than doesnt that mean you'll be missing out on low notes? thats what subs are for and if they dont play that low then why have a subsonic filter?( i know the subsonic filter is for ported boxes) iv been lookin at a hifonics brutus bxi1610d for like $210 but elemental designs also has the nine.1 for $250 this is really where id like to stay budget wise but all recommendations are welcome im a helluva bargain hunter.... above all SQ is my concern. im still undecided as far as sealed or ported goes for a box iv always had seled and have been very happy but EVERYONE says type-rs love ported if i did go ported it would be small like 1.5cuft per and tuned around 30-33hz. i have a mazda3 with a decent trunk but i would like to still be able to put stuff in it,THANK YOU i know this is alot...

so im trying to choose an amp for a pair of 2 ohm dvc 12" alpine type-r the new 1223d they are 600rms each, im probably gonna run them at 1ohm or maybe 2ohm(will there be a sound quality difference as far as the amp is concerned?). my question is about frequency response if an amp says it runs from 30hz+ than doesnt that mean you'll be missing out on low notes? thats what subs are for and if they dont play that low then why have a subsonic filter?( i know the subsonic filter is for ported boxes) iv been lookin at a hifonics brutus bxi1610d for like $210 but elemental designs also has the nine.1 for $250 this is really where id like to stay budget wise but all recommendations are welcome im a helluva bargain hunter.... above all SQ is my concern. im still undecided as far as sealed or ported goes for a box iv always had seled and have been very happy but EVERYONE says type-rs love ported if i did go ported it would be small like 1.5cuft per and tuned around 30-33hz. i have a mazda3 with a decent trunk but i would like to still be able to put stuff in it,THANK YOU i know this is alot...
DOn't get a hifonics.... and you can a AP1800 cheaper than 250 or around there.. and AP's actually do rated power.. and If you have 2 2ohm DVC Type R's and you run them in series you either wire .5 ohms or 2 ohms.. unless you buy 2 amps, 1 for each then you can run at 1 ohm..

Hey...

The car is a 2000 BMW 528i

The Sub R-10 2007 model

The amp is a Phoenix Golds Xenon 600.1 600@2ohm rms

The problem: bass has a hard time getting into the cab. Maybe because the heavy leather seats? I know that the sub could take more power, but for the power it has, it should get something thourgh the seat. ?

I could let him use one of my TRX1000D, but yeah right.

So. Perhaps box ideas to funnel the bass into a small 3'' opening in the rear deck?

He is not looking for head turning bass. Just enought for him in the cab so it sounds decent. Subwoofer Enclosures, Sixth and Eigth Order/Bass Reflex and Bandpass

Anyone have plans for a box like this?

Ah.... just bought 2 Type R's.

Unfortunately, for 10 more dollars each, I could have gotten the new, 2010 600rms models. I didn't know this till now.............. ****...... is there that big of a difference?

If there is, i'm going to be very upset. How much can each of those take max on a daily system? 700? Or is 500 and 600 their strict RMS?

Type T's are NOT an SQ sub. So if that is what your looking for start looking elsewhere. Don't go with hifonics, if you have the money and you want quality get either the ED 9.1 or an AQ 1200.

If you do end up with type r's they do like big ported boxes. If your going small, then go sealed. Based on what you said, I would look into a different sub, like an AQ or something. Maybe a nice sony Xplode //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Ah.... just bought 2 Type R's.
Unfortunately, for 10 more dollars each, I could have gotten the new, 2010 600rms models. I didn't know this till now.............. ****...... is there that big of a difference?

If there is, i'm going to be very upset. How much can each of those take max on a daily system? 700? Or is 500 and 600 their strict RMS?
Probably not a HUGE difference, although I can't speak from experience. Type R's are very underrated. I read somewhere on here that they can only handle like 950 or something. I don't know the truth of that. I also heard they can handle more.

What kind of amp you running? Or do you have one yet?

OMG finally read through all this crap (over 2 days) and from what I've read Type R's like ported tuned around 30-35Hz Box size depends but 2sqft or larger. Not much about sealed.

I've really been looking for a sealed box spec. (Yes I read the sealed/ported thread also) I want to be able to hit the hard tunes but very much LOVE the low lows. Listen to mainly techno and alternative some rap.

Any very good box builders or tuners able to help me out? Right now I'm running 2 12" R's in a sealed 1sqft box with filler each. I'm going to be powering them with the Orion 2500d

IF you need more info please let me know

for anyone in the Metro Detroit area

Car Tunes has type R's, buy one get one free.

I just called and I can get (2) SWR-1243D's for $240 which includes their EXCELLENT warranty policy. ($254.40 with tax)

The cheapest I found them on the net (woofers, onlinecs, and ebay) was $140 each.

imn thinkin of gettin an arrgghhh d2 10 to put in my box i built, its 1.25 net ported to 40hz . 25sq inches of port with 600rms at 1 ohm. its going in a matrix hatch to replace my audioque sdc 2.5. its a d4 and i only get 300 out of my amp at 2 ohms. the r will get 600 at 1 (d2) so it should be louder and sound decent??? anybody put on in this size box, without me reading all 194 pafges of this thread? thanks, my other option is a rf p3 10 . tryin to stay cheap, 110 or less.

cool, i know some people say they like bigger boxes but i am about out of box building, my back gives me problems for a week after i build one. hopin this box is big enough.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.