The G/f is getting a car , wants some tunes.

she hates pink. i'm actually thinking of bottom mounting the sub to the baffle and using pro audio mesh grill over it and laying the factory carpet down over it. That way it will be super stealth. no one will ever see it plus it will never get in the way and also be protected from her careless ***.

she hates pink. i'm actually thinking of bottom mounting the sub to the baffle and using pro audio mesh grill over it and laying the factory carpet down over it. That way it will be super stealth. no one will ever see it plus it will never get in the way and also be protected from her careless ***.
What baffle? The rear deck? Do an IB install on the rear deck, only problem is cutting up the rear deck. FI has the IB3 subs, and I know Alumapro makes great subs for IB installs.

she isn't gonna change a tire if she gets a flat. she's gonna call me , which means i will have a chance to go in the garage and get the spare. and i rarely will be driving her car. so losing the spare isn't an issue. losing grocery space is the issue.

My budget for the total system overhaul was around 150$, and believe it or not i met that goal. You may be able to put together a similar setup for yours. Turned out to be a pretty nice basic setup, alot nicer than most people can get spending 500-1000 at a shop here.

Sub - 40$ New (Pyramid PW1586x) Ebay

Amp - 20$ Used (Orion Cobalt CO 600.2) Pawn Shop

Wiring - 20$ New (Audiopipe 4 Gauge Kit) Ebay

Radio - 20$ Used (Pioneer DEH2100) Pawn Shop

Door Speakers - 20$ New (Memphis 6.5 & 6x9 3 Way Coax) Big Lots

Box Materials - 30$ New (3/4" MDF 3.75 Net @ 30Hz) Home Depot

My GFs car has 1 15" and about 600wrms going to it. Low budget Pyramid PW1586x 15" Powered by an Orion Cobalt CO600.2. Bridged to the sub @ 4 ohms. Box is 3.75 cf net @ 30hz.

Pretty loud for a girl, it kills the lows. Louder than alot of my guy friends systems, lol. Girls dont need much to be happy as far as bass goes it seems. Dont sleep on the pyramid either, **** gets down and dirty on 600w.

SAM_1655.jpg

Trunks kind of dirty, but her car gets used for taking off garbage and getting groceries, as i have too much bass in my trunk for that stuff.

She's used to a minivan with a High End Alpine , 4 infinity 5x7's on a PPI PC275 , infinity 6x9's on a PPI pc250 , And a RD sonance 15" in 3.5@30 running off a MTX Thunder 1000D. She is used to big sound. This is a downgrade across the board but she likes trunk space. In the van it was a different story , plenty of grocery room in a van.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.