The do's and dont''s of my first wall....it seems like something isn't right....

So I finally got the call yesterday.....He fixed it already and they shipped it yesterday....three day express mail. So I'll get it on saturday!!!.....and I have no f ucking clue how I managed to get so lucky. But he fixed it for free!!!!!!. His secretary was like yeah it's fixed and I put it in the mail earlier blah blah blah. I was like Oh?!?!?! ok. well thank you very much. and that was pretty much it lol. Like i said I have no idea how that happened. But it did lol.

So I finally got the call yesterday.....He fixed it already and they shipped it yesterday....three day express mail. So I'll get it on saturday!!!.....and I have no f ucking clue how I managed to get so lucky. But he fixed it for free!!!!!!. His secretary was like yeah it's fixed and I put it in the mail earlier blah blah blah. I was like Oh?!?!?! ok. well thank you very much. and that was pretty much it lol. Like i said I have no idea how that happened. But it did lol.
Thats good to hear, see not everything that happens to ya is bad huh ? We all make mistakes just learn from them and move on. Now lets get that thing together and pounding ! Post up vids too. Oh and made a mistake last week that took out all 3 of my alternators - which ****** and I doubt they will fix those for free lol. But that is awesome news your repair was free.

D amn! What happened? That's really shi tty! Oh ill definitely post up some videos after i finish it
Working late at night and hooked up one of those big old school chargers with the mega boost for starting dead car in the dark backwards polarity and the sparks flew lol ! And I guess it fried the regulators, I couldn't get anything out of any of them after that.

Oh man! I would be so mad at myself, and depressed. I haven't done that yet. But I know that it'll most likely happen to me eventually lol. But d amn that really blows! I bet that's going to be pretty expensive!. I hope to be able to run more than one alternator lol. But I can't with my chrysler pacifica.

I almost got it put back together. I did get my amps hooked back up. I had this really awesome idea for an amp rack. I was going to make an M and have one amp on each of the legs of the M and put white acrylic around the edges and have it light up with led's so it looks like it's floating. And the amps were going to be recessed and I was going to make it to where you could only see the middle of the amps so all the wires are hidden. But I haven't gotten around to making it yet. I finally got my engine put back together. I had to wait on my gasket set to come in the mail. Just gotta put the timing belt on and the pulley's and I'll be good to go. I replaced all the gaskets on the upper half of my engine starting with the head gaskets. So hopefully I'll have my wall put back together tomorrow. Just have to put the back on and one other piece. And seal it up some more. I actually f ucked up the placement of the subs in the beginning of the current layout. Because I was trying to make the port as big as possible at the time so I moved the subs as close as I could get them to the side. And well, that was the wrong thing to do. But at the time I didn't know the port was going to be as small as it is now. I would prefer to tear it all down and start over because of how I have to piece it together on the right side. It makes everything extremely complicated. But I used up all the sheets of wood I had. and all the 2x4's, And now I don't have enough money to go buy some sheets from home depot. If I could move the sub on the left side in a few inches then I would be golden. Then I could have one big piece for the side instead of all f ucked up like it is now. Do you think there's a way I could cut another hole to move the sub over and fill in the half circle where the sub was. If that makes sense?

Well a good portion of those pages were thread jacked by papermaker. And i actually need some help figuring out how to do one of the sides because im stumped.....I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it.......so instead of telling me how shi tty it looks so far and how i don't know what I'm doing and i should just give up. Please just give me some pointers on how you guys would fix this one side. I would have used one piece for the whole side but i can't because i made the port as big as i could at the time because i didnt realize it was going to be as small aa it is now so i moved the sub over as far as i could at the time which fuc ked me in the end which is where im at now. I was wanting to move the sub over a few inches to make my life simpler but thats not going to happen because i ran out of wood and i don't have the extra cash to drop on more sheets of ply....ao this is where im at right now..........one second and I'll upload some pictures of what i would like help with figuring out

Well a good portion of those pages were thread jacked by papermaker. And i actually need some help figuring out how to do one of the sides because im stumped.....I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it.......so instead of telling me how shi tty it looks so far and how i don't know what I'm doing and i should just give up. Please just give me some pointers on how you guys would fix this one side. I would have used one piece for the whole side but i can't because i made the port as big as i could at the time because i didnt realize it was going to be as small aa it is now so i moved the sub over as far as i could at the time which fuc ked me in the end which is where im at now. I was wanting to move the sub over a few inches to make my life simpler but thats not going to happen because i ran out of wood and i don't have the extra cash to drop on more sheets of ply....ao this is where im at right now..........one second and I'll upload some pictures of what i would like help with figuring out
i tried to help but you insisted you know better. I don't need to prove anything i've done mid 150s with one driver and 3kw. i simply tried to tell you acoustically your at a disadvantage with 3 18s and that you where better off with a different configuration. loud installed more often than not aren't over complicated. with just 2 18s you could have been doing 155 with a simple box..

you let a few jackasses convince you to build a 2x4 box that's completely retarded when double layer with threaded rod bracing is superior.

you chose to use a configuration that more than likely will present loading and phase issues. if the 3 18s where louder than hte 4 15s you did something wrong there is a reason the loudest cars more often than not use 1 2 or 4 drivers.

Ok so here's an update......I'll post pictures tomorrow lol.....but I finally got it all put back together but I haven't been able to tune it as far as my low pass and high pass on my amp and the settings on my head unit because my car is still giving me problems. It's stuck in second gear still, and I replaced the pcm/tcm, checked all my grounds in the wiring harness, changed the shift solenoid pack. But it's still in second gear. So if any of you know anything about cars please chime in on that subject lol. Cause i'm stumped. But yeah the reason I told you that was because I haven't been able to leave my driveway since i've had my wall done. So I can literally only turn it up for a couple seconds and then I have to shut it off otherwise the neighbor five houses down will walk over to my driveway and call the cops on me because I'm shaking her pictures and s hit off the walls lol. So i've only been able to hear it long enough to turn it to 35 and back down to 0. I really wish my car wasn't giving me so much fuc king trouble. WORD OF ADVICE.....NEVER BUY A CHRYSLER. Worst fuc king cars ever. But yeah as of right now without adjusting anything it definitely made my lungs and chest tickle enough to make me cough a couple times. So I'm really hoping i'm at 150. I don't have a meter yet. I'm hoping I can buy one soon. The spl labs meter for $200 that everyone uses on the youtube video's.

Ok so here's an update......I'll post pictures tomorrow lol.....but I finally got it all put back together but I haven't been able to tune it as far as my low pass and high pass on my amp and the settings on my head unit because my car is still giving me problems. It's stuck in second gear still, and I replaced the pcm/tcm, checked all my grounds in the wiring harness, changed the shift solenoid pack. But it's still in second gear. So if any of you know anything about cars please chime in on that subject lol. Cause i'm stumped. But yeah the reason I told you that was because I haven't been able to leave my driveway since i've had my wall done. So I can literally only turn it up for a couple seconds and then I have to shut it off otherwise the neighbor five houses down will walk over to my driveway and call the cops on me because I'm shaking her pictures and s hit off the walls lol. So i've only been able to hear it long enough to turn it to 35 and back down to 0. I really wish my car wasn't giving me so much fuc king trouble. WORD OF ADVICE.....NEVER BUY A CHRYSLER. Worst fuc king cars ever. But yeah as of right now without adjusting anything it definitely made my lungs and chest tickle enough to make me cough a couple times. So I'm really hoping i'm at 150. I don't have a meter yet. I'm hoping I can buy one soon. The spl labs meter for $200 that everyone uses on the youtube video's.
Every car gives you trouble eventually. great news that you have music finally, hope you've taken some time making things tight and solid in the box.... there's always more room for improvement.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.