The do's and dont''s of my first wall....it seems like something isn't right....

They're 18's......and i used loctite expanding foam cause its more dense than great stuff, but i also used great stuff in the black can for the rear quarter panels and in between the top of the box and the roof

Lol i was thinking the same thing....i sent it in 5 days ago to mega repair and it took three days to get there. and he called me once he received it and asked me what happened so i explained everything to him. He told me it would be about 5 days before he could look at it and give me a call back with a price quote and see if i wanted him to repair it or not.....which im going to obviously lol....but yeah ive been anxiously waiting for him to call me back. Incase your wondering it was $25 and some change to ship it through fedex.

Oh and i tore down a small section of my wall to redo it....its the right side....and also so i can try to push it back a few inches because its really close to my back seats....to close for my comfort lol

Lol i was thinking the same thing....i sent it in 5 days ago to mega repair and it took three days to get there. and he called me once he received it and asked me what happened so i explained everything to him. He told me it would be about 5 days before he could look at it and give me a call back with a price quote and see if i wanted him to repair it or not.....which im going to obviously lol....but yeah ive been anxiously waiting for him to call me back. Incase your wondering it was $25 and some change to ship it through fedex.
Oh and i tore down a small section of my wall to redo it....its the right side....and also so i can try to push it back a few inches because its really close to my back seats....to close for my comfort lol

I'm not trilled by the thought of more cut and patch band-aids on this box.

Don't forget, rock solid and 100% air tight! If you can accomplish just that you're sure to be happy, if you cut corners you will surely be disappointed.

Did you break a woofer too?

Also post up some pictures while you have some down time.

I'm actually improving on it....i didnt like how i did the top of it...and come to find out

That little piece of body putty was wedged between one of the tinsel leads and the bottom of the surround. Which made the sub sound blown like a metal ting noise when i tapped on it with my finger. And it sounded like the coil was rubbing against the vent pole.

Last edited by a moderator:
20170708_180834.jpg

I hate drop box....I'll have to find somewhere else to upload my pictures to. And I still haven't heard anything on my amp. I called him three days ago and he said he would be giving me a call in two or three days. But I never got a call from him. So I'm going to call back on monday and hopefully he was able to look at it and give me a price quote so I can send him the money. And I want to know what exactly was damaged. Just out of curiosity.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.