The current state of Sony headunits?

enigma77

I am looking for buy a HU for my cr-v soon and have been lurking around here for info. my budget is below 130-140 and have narrowed my search down to Pioneer deh-2200ub, Kenwood KDC-MP345U (MP342U replacement), JVC KD-HDR50 and the Sony CDX-GT640UI. I plan on using the stock speakers and my only requirement is USB to use with a thumb stick. It seems that pioneer and kenwood are fairly well respected but i am not sure about sony. any insight and suggestions would be awesome.

thanks

Of what you have listed, my vote goes to Kenwood. Ive had horrible experiences with pioneer, and never heard a single good thing about sony car audio.

Though everything in car audio is equally important, I tend to try and find the best HU I can afford. With that being said, a Sony HU will never find it's way in none of my rides.

Ive used sony HU's for about 3 years now. Never had an issue with mine. Their not the greatest, but seem to do the job.

*Sorry about the spelling mazda*

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive used sony HU's for about 3 years now. Never had an issue with mine. There not the greatest, but seem to do the job.
Are you going to trust the opinion of someone who doesn't know the difference between there and their?

Are you going to trust the opinion of someone who doesn't know the difference between there and their?
if you are going to correct someone at least be correct when correcting //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I think Pioneer has the strongest amp to run those stock speakers. Panasonic is gone I think, but they pushed speakers just as good as the Pioneer. Alpine pushes pretty good too. I've used all of those brands and some don't put out what they say. I guess it doesn't matter that much since you're only running stock?

I think Pioneer has the strongest amp to run those stock speakers. Panasonic is gone I think, but they pushed speakers just as good as the Pioneer. Alpine pushes pretty good too. I've used all of those brands and some don't put out what they say. I guess it doesn't matter that much since you're only running stock?
yes, i'll be running stock. comparing between pioneer and kenwood, their amps should only be marginally different, correct?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.