The Best SQ HU!

I own/owned an 8445 it was ok but only last a few months before it crapped out on me, every EVERY SONY HU i have had has lasted me from the time i bought to the time it was not good enough and i got another. If i could find a Sony C90

Sony CDX-910 i would be glad to get rid of my brokeass 8445 for either one,all you sony bashers that are knocking those hu's need to take a second look at them. Having nothing to do with the rest of the prementioned lines i cant speak for them. I would have gotten another sony but i couldnt find a m9900 or Sony C90

Sony CDX-910, and the 06 line of sony doesnt seem to be worth a crap

those NAK decks look hard to beat.....
Other than the CD700II the lower models are no better than mainstream brand decks that have 24bit converters. Build quality on the lower Naks aren't any more solid than say an Eclipse, Pioneer, Alpine or Kenwood.

IMHO They have never made anything of quality that can stand the test of time compared against some of the other manufacturer's. Name one Eclipse deck that has been around for years and been a consistent top performer.
I can name a few of them from Alpine, Clarion, McIntosh, Nakamichi, Sony and even Kenwood but no Eclipse deck's come to mind. Back when people in IASCA competed in Sound Quality and not SPL I don't ever recall seeing an Eclipse head unit in any of the winning vehicles I have have been to a ton of shows in the past 10-12 years.

You mention an alpine 7998, but Eclipse hasn't made anything of quality that can stand the test of time? Oh my God.

Soundwise, I will take Eclipse over any other mass marketed brand. Eclipse has made the nicest sounding decks I(and the guys at the local shop) have heard over the past 12 years or so. The only deck I have owned that I liked better, soundwise, is my RF 8250. This thing is not going anywhere.

some people prefer eclipse, but thats not to say that is everyones favorite. i have had over a dozen eclipse decks, but i really like alpines as well. when you consider a deck, you not only consider how it sounds, but looks, functions, user friendliness, how you navigate the features, etc... i love how my alpine works, more so than any of the eclipses i own, but just because one says what they like, doesnt mean another is bad. chill out.

Everybody has to prioritize what is most important to them. I don't prioritize looks. If deck A sounds better than deck B, but deck B looks better, I buy deck A.

I would argue Alpine's quality (excepting the F#1 status stuff) has largely gone down over the years in terms of SQ. Why is it nearly every deck in thier line only has 2v pre-outs? because most customers don't care about it, but someone who truly does care about the noise floor and SQ will. I think my Pioneer is decent, but it does jerk with the signal (not running active- makes a smiley face in the soundfield as seen on an rta) but does have a heck of a lot of features. I do like Eclipse and love their Navi units, especially the 8v models, but don't really care for the "vegas by night" displays. I like the Nak units a ton, and they are very clean...as long as a cd transport is all you need- they are lacking in features like onboard crossovers and eq's that most other decks have. That's my $0.02

http://www.alpinef1status.com/e/products/items/dvi-9990.html
+ KWE-205B

http://www.alpinef1status.com/e/products/items/pxi-h990.html

=

teh own. imagine ripping your entire sore-bought CD collection to fully uncompressed WAV format and then burning it all to DVD's in folders for each artist. having hundreds of perfect quality rips on each disc. no MP3 or WMA bullshiz.

that is what im going to do. PWN everything else.
Are you sure that headunit is compatible with .wav files?? Besides that I do you have any idea what that combo would go for retail?? Not too cheap.

I think my Pioneer is decent, but it does jerk with the signal (not running active- makes a smiley face in the soundfield as seen on an rta) but does have a heck of a lot of features.
Just curious, isn't that why you have an equalizer on the Pioneer?? You didn't have a smiley face after you set your eq did you??

Are you sure that headunit is compatible with .wav files?? Besides that I do you have any idea what that combo would go for retail?? Not too cheap.
it wouldn't matter if they were unless they were DVD units... WAV files are uncompressed so it's a max of 16-17ish songs per CD... in which case you might as well use the original CD's

it wouldn't matter if they were unless they were DVD units... WAV files are uncompressed so it's a max of 16-17ish songs per CD... in which case you might as well use the original CD's
My point is that he wants to burn .wav files onto a DVD-R and I don't think that deck is compatible with that format. cd-da and .wav files are not the same thing. They are identical in size but not the exact same thing.

Alpine IVA-W200 ($800)

+

Alpine PXA-H701 ($350)

=

Top-notch SQ for $1050. Plus, capability for just about every feature you could possibly want. And a Double DIN LCD touch screen/DVD player.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.