The Best SQ HU!

with me its the deck that sounds the best to me. I Loved my DRZ9255. But I like warmer sounding deck. Seems I can always make them more crisp. but its harder for me to get a crisp or harsher deck to get warmer. I have only heard 1 alpine F1 and it sounded awsome. maybe the 35000.00 install and Mcintosh amps and focal utopias had something to do with it. If you arent using any MP3 then I would think the mcintosh deck. well when mcintosh was mcintosh. My Nak decks were great aslo but not alot of processing, but they didnt need alot. I think its all about what you like.

I like the Nak decks for a variety of reasons, more so because they offer a quality built deck with the SQ I'm looking for. If you want to talk look, the cleaner the look the better for me, I'm wanting to get away from elaborate so to speak...

I don't do IPOD's, don't need Bluetooth, and ocassionally use MP3's...so I don't require a lot from a headunit.

The Nakamichi 500 gets my vote, although the 700II is sweet just too rich for my blood.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Dave

with me its the deck that sounds the best to me. I Loved my DRZ9255. But I like warmer sounding deck. Seems I can always make them more crisp. but its harder for me to get a crisp or harsher deck to get warmer. I have only heard 1 alpine F1 and it sounded awsome. maybe the 35000.00 install and Mcintosh amps and focal utopias had something to do with it. If you arent using any MP3 then I would think the mcintosh deck. well when mcintosh was mcintosh. My Nak decks were great aslo but not alot of processing, but they didnt need alot. I think its all about what you like.
So you're saying the 880 is a warmer sounding deck than the 9255??

No. Cant afford another 9255 and i also want the ipod intergration. I do think the 880 sounds a tick warmer then the 860 it replaced.

I need some educating here..will someone please explain to me what the term "warm" refers to in this case. I have heard the same being said of different speakers, but how do you distinguish "warmth" between 2 different sources with all the variables factored in.

Well, first a good SQ HU will be one with an optical out. My fav setup which is the one i'm going to be getting soon is:

Alpine TME-M770S Touch Screen for navigation

http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/products/product.php?model=TME-M770S

Alpine VPA-B222 Vehicle Hub Pro

http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/products/product.php?model=VPA-B222

Alpine PXA-H701 Digital Processor

http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/products/product.php?model=PXA-H701

Alpine DVA-5210 DVD/CD Player - US version of link below

http://www.alpine-europe.com/content/english/a518.det.DVA-5210_DVD-VIDEO--MP3--WMA--CD-PLAYER.htm

Imagine the screen mounted into the dash and everything controlled through that.

I need some educating here..will someone please explain to me what the term "warm" refers to in this case. I have heard the same being said of different speakers, but how do you distinguish "warmth" between 2 different sources with all the variables factored in.
Its hard to explain in words what warmth is but I will give it a shot. I would describe warmth as a larger presence of the midranges without sounding unnatural. On the other hand a "colder" sound would be a larger presence of the lower and higher frequencies (bass and treble).

For example: Vinyl records are much WARMER sounding than compact discs.

I hope that helped.

Its hard to explain in words what warmth is but I will give it a shot. I would describe warmth as a larger presence of the midranges without sounding unnatural. On the other hand a "colder" sound would be a larger presence of the lower and higher frequencies (bass and treble).
For example: Vinyl records are much WARMER sounding than compact discs.

I hope that helped.
Thanks bro..I've got a better understanding now. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Alpine IVA-W200 ($800)
+

Alpine PXA-H701 ($350)

=

Top-notch SQ for $1050. Plus, capability for just about every feature you could possibly want. And a Double DIN LCD touch screen/DVD player.
Amen to that (your math is off, just FYI). I have the W200 going to the H701 in the Xtera, and I LOVE the combo.

I find it amusing that he includes Sony and Kenwood in the SQ category, and eliminates Eclipse. Something tells me he doesn't sell that line because he can't get access to it, unlike those others that will wh0re out to anyone that has a decent credit rating.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif
There can be no other explanation, because even Johnny Dumba$$ on the street knows Eclipse is for real.
The old mobileEs stuff by Sony was very good and it lasted a long time

Amen to that (your math is off, just FYI). I have the W200 going to the H701 in the Xtera, and I LOVE the combo.
Doh!!! I guess majoring in math doesn't mean you know diddly about arithmetic... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blush.gif.99bc659ee2012b7d826165e26fb5eebe.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Well, first a good SQ HU will be one with an optical out. My fav setup which is the one i'm going to be getting soon is:
Alpine TME-M770S Touch Screen for navigation

Alpine VPA-B222 Vehicle Hub Pro

Alpine PXA-H701 Digital Processor

Alpine DVA-5210 DVD/CD Player - US version of link below

Imagine the screen mounted into the dash and everything controlled through that.
What's the advantage of all that over an IVA-W200 and PXA-H701? It looks like more money and more "clutter" for no advantage. The M770S and the W200 are both 6.5" touch screens...

i put in an alpine cde-9843 in my friends car, and it sounded 10x better than his panasonic, which quit reading cds very well. I would buy that HU if I actually needed one, sounded as good as I need anything to, on stock POS speakers

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.