The Best SQ HU!

OK ok So I worded wronge //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blackeye.gif.66a1670f5aaf7f406e783a63e3387dc5.gif !!! Lets say under $1000

i wasn't aware that there were SQ and SPL specific headunits? Could someone help me out here?(i'm not being sarcastic either)
Well, there aren't really any SPL decks but there certainly are SQ decks. An SPL deck would be any deck that won't skip very easily. At least that would be my guess.

Well, there aren't really any SPL decks but there certainly are SQ decks. An SPL deck would be any deck that won't skip very easily. At least that would be my guess.
so what makes any run of the mill aftermarket HU any different than an SQ HU?

Preamp level only

Better components in the output stage

Some SQ Units would be:

Alpine F1 Status

Alpine 7909

Alpine 7998

Alpine 7969

Alpine 7949

Alpine 7939

Clarion DRX-9255

Sony C90

Sony CDX-910

McIntosh MX-406

Nakamichi CD 700 II

Nakamichi CD-45z

Kenwood KDC PS909

There are a few others and I don't consider anything from Fujitsu Ten (Eclipse) as SQ

Higher line denon units. There was a Rockford Fosgate model a while back, forgot the model number. Made by denon.

The range in head units goes like so.

Garbage, cheap, decent, great, amazing, SQ.

Not scientific, but a normal rating from users.

OK ok So I worded wronge //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blackeye.gif.66a1670f5aaf7f406e783a63e3387dc5.gif !!! Lets say under $1000
Used Pio P9 DEX/DEQ setup, or an ODR combo...

Should be in the neighborhood of $800-$900 in good condition used.

IMHO They have never made anything of quality that can stand the test of time compared against some of the other manufacturer's. Name one Eclipse deck that has been around for years and been a consistent top performer.

I can name a few of them from Alpine, Clarion, McIntosh, Nakamichi, Sony and even Kenwood but no Eclipse deck's come to mind. Back when people in IASCA competed in Sound Quality and not SPL I don't ever recall seeing an Eclipse head unit in any of the winning vehicles I have have been to a ton of shows in the past 10-12 years.

I find it hard to name anything from Clarion, Sony and Kenwood as SQ. You also have to remember that everyone has their own preference on sound. The others I would agree with.

The Rockford Fosgate you were thinking of, is it the Platinum 2000? They are hard to find now. I know of one or two good SQ Eclipse units, but I can't think of the model at the moment.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.