The 4th order thread

Yeah, when competing a huge ratio would be better because of rise for me (MECA is classified by cone area + fuse rating, could run a tiny fuse with that kind of rise) but I'm not too concerned with competing right now. I'm just tired of being limited to a trunk build and want to switch it up and possibly get louder. Most of my listening is music at full tilt for long periods of time while driving lol
2 Zv3 10s with a huge ratio on a ton of power would absolutely rape everyone else in the trunk class
its not as easy as I make it look lol. 4th orders take a good amount of work in both design and build to make them do work. I designed mine at least 20 times until I was happy

its not as easy as I make it look lol. 4th orders take a good amount of work in both design and build to make them do work. I designed mine at least 20 times until I was happy
Yeah I get that as well. A musical box isn't going to perform as well as a burp box either lol

I'm just adding this to the list of things to do.... There's plenty of things in front of it... like ultracaps //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif and upgrading my rear suspension before it blows out

Yeah I get that as well. A musical box isn't going to perform as well as a burp box either lol
I'm just adding this to the list of things to do.... There's plenty of things in front of it... like ultracaps //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif and upgrading my rear suspension before it blows out
my "burp" box plays flat within 2db from 25-60hz lol if thats not flat then I dont know what is

more simple terms, typically, large rear= lots of low end, but lacks on the higher end from what I have seen, and the opposite applies for smaller rear ends. But I am a fan of my Fc being in the 45-48hz range for daily. I am not the best at explaining things, because I cant really put them into simple terms very well. hopefully everyone understands this. Also, I am no 4th order master, I dont have all of the answers, but I do know a good amount, mostly from testing, and educating myself. So please, if anyone else has some things that they would like to add, feel free to do so, I could always use some more information!
What is Vb?

Getting that spoiler under control lol.

so im starting to turn some numbers... Vb, where do i pull this number from. specs for my type r's is pretty conservative and also im assuming I would use sealed specs, right? and is the correct units to use for Vas liters?

so im starting to turn some numbers... Vb, where do i pull this number from. specs for my type r's is pretty conservative and also im assuming I would use sealed specs, right? and is the correct units to use for Vas liters?
Vb can vary drastically depending on your goals and the woofer. All of the t/s parameters basically determine box size as far as maximum goes. This is ported box size.

Most 10's it's about 1 cube.

Most 12's it's about 1.5-2.5 cubes.

Most 15's it's bout 3-5 cubes

Most 18's it's 5-8 cubes.

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

For the type r's you can do 2-2.5 tuned all over the place depending on what you want.

Vb can vary drastically depending on your goals and the woofer. All of the t/s parameters basically determine box size as far as maximum goes. This is ported box size.
Most 10's it's about 1 cube.

Most 12's it's about 1.5-2.5 cubes.

Most 15's it's bout 3-5 cubes

Most 18's it's 5-8 cubes.

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

For the type r's you can do 2-2.5 tuned all over the place depending on what you want.
for two of them I would suggest that, but with single spider suspension and such a low Fs already, that will get very sloppy on the low end. Too low of an Fc is terrible from my tests, lowest I would go is about 40. anything lower got really sloppy on almost anything. but to each his own. never tested with type r's

for two of them I would suggest that, but with single spider suspension and such a low Fs already, that will get very sloppy on the low end. Too low of an Fc is terrible from my tests, lowest I would go is about 40. anything lower got really sloppy on almost anything. but to each his own. never tested with type r's
Those were ported specs.

Those were ported specs.
oh, sorry //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blackeye.gif.66a1670f5aaf7f406e783a63e3387dc5.gif lol

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

this thread was SUPPOSED to be for 4th orders... I got confused lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.