Technical Questions on Speakers - Quick Response Needed!

HappyG
10+ year member

CA
If speaker A has an operating range from 80Hz to 22KHz...

and speaker B has an operating range from 100Hz to 22KHz...

Both speakers are for midbass and the only other difference is the material with which the speakers are constructed with.

In real world, layman's terms, how much of a difference is that as far as sound performance is concerned? Is it worth a significant jump in dollar amount when purchasing a speaker set? Thanks fellas!!

im assuming theyre coaxials..

and there are a lot of factors that determine a speakers quality and frequency response.. midbass goes down to about 70hz, and unless you're running active it probably wont matter which speakers you have..

what are they anyways

depends on your set up. and the speakerswont really sound good at 80hz without proper deading....but if your not running a sub, then yea i would say get speaker A

They're a set of components I'm thining of purchasing from AVI...

The price jump is a few hundred dollars, so I was wondering if it'd be worth the extra money for speaker A vs. speaker B...they both take the same power as well, which makes me more confused.

Do those specs just mean that more of a sound range would be producted accurately?

And yes, my doors have SS applied to them extensively if that makes a huge difference...thanks guys.

Also, this is my first upgrade to my system minus my headunit so I want to make sure I get a nice front soundstage to complement my future sub upgrade.

Thanks for the quick replies guys.

The price difference is close to $300, so I'm a little hesitant on spending that much more for what seems to be a little bit more sound, but again, wanted to make sure I do it right the first time as opposed to re-doing my front soundstage later on.

rated frequency response is VERY overrated. Unless we know how the measuremnts were taken it means nothing. Tell us what speakers your dealing with and then it'll be alot easier to help you decide. Remember, there are AB subwoofers rated from like 5hz to 1k.

post links to the speakers. The frequency response spec is largely useless. Now, if we can see the sets, we can tell you which one we think is of higher quality. With that big of a difference in price, there has to be more of a difference than cone material and 20Hz worth of frequency response

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.