Taramps MAP Price List Information

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
Could you start a thread about the high voltage amps? I'd love to run 50k
A team mate of mine runs the 50k. 10 powerware 70ah batteries in series. I wired them up. It was scary but no problems. Works great

A team mate of mine runs the 50k. 10 powerware 70ah batteries in series. I wired them up. It was scary but no problems. Works great
Daily or comp?

Doesn't the amp also charge them somehow by pulling from the 12v electrical source?

I don't understand how they are recharged without putting them back in parallel each time

the manual suggests it because you are messing with 2 different voltage systems and if you were in a wreck or if the HV installation shorted to ground.. serious injury could occur.

Not electrocution but like frying and disabling the car while in motion.

Now, we know how to prevent this so no worries there.

We have already presented engineer with product to stop this from happening.

We are currently stuck on charging the HV bank.

We have been presented with 2 routes to go.. Each of them have not been done before and testing and some manufacturing would come into play.

6.5k will not exist much longer, lol.. Pretty soon, there will be no amplifiers left for you to choose, heh.

Daily or comp?
Doesn't the amp also charge them somehow by pulling from the 12v electrical source?

I don't understand how they are recharged without putting them back in parallel each time
Daily. In his toolbox. Its a standalone set up. Just hook a HV charger up once a month.

Power is power however you use it.

HV amps are more efficient by about 10% over 12v amps but aren't magic.

IF you use them like 12v batteries in parallel at shows, they will need typical recharging for utmost performance.

I would manually recharge all my batteries before each show and once every 1-2 weeks to keep them topped off.

This is all on 12v system.

Series banks will not maintain equilibrium. a single HV charger is not the best option, but the easiest.

I'm researching lithium for a while now to make my own bank in a year or two from now for a custom project and if the products for lithium work for 12v car batteries, then it may be wise to adapt some passive technology on batteries used for HV so that a HV charger can be better utilized.

Power is power however you use it.
HV amps are more efficient by about 10% over 12v amps but aren't magic.

IF you use them like 12v batteries in parallel at shows, they will need typical recharging for utmost performance.

I would manually recharge all my batteries before each show and once every 1-2 weeks to keep them topped off.

This is all on 12v system.

Series banks will not maintain equilibrium. a single HV charger is not the best option, but the easiest.

I'm researching lithium for a while now to make my own bank in a year or two from now for a custom project and if the products for lithium work for 12v car batteries, then it may be wise to adapt some passive technology on batteries used for HV so that a HV charger can be better utilized.
Wouldnt caps work better then batteries?

Depending on the voltage they stay on then i wouldnt be 100% on that.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

regardless of the voltage you are shooting for for ultracaps, assuming that's the ONLY power source in use, ultracaps can only be sustainable if you have a charging source that is near the maximum continuous discharge rate of everything connected to the ultracaps.

This is required because ultracaps have almost no reserve power therefore needs a constant bulk charging source to keep them alive.

@shizzon what do you think about the low frequency roll off? It's proven to be a real thing, but I really want to know which amplifiers it is effecting the worst. Is there going to be revisions to fix this in new amps?

It being proven is like saying there is efficiency loss at lower dc voltage.

It was blown way out of proportion.

Just like unwanted noise coming out of amplifier.

Yes, we tested it, it exists.. We also tested a well known korean branded amplifier..

It has unwanted noise output too.

One of my local friends has 2 18s in a 4th bandpass on a single hd8000 where the passband is typically demo-ed between 17-28hz ONLY.

He peaks below 30hz currently doing over 151 in meca headrest.

If users want more control over the low frequency range, they can look at the DSP line which has a -1db fluctuation all the way down to 8hz and up in the high KHz range.

So, there is nothing to worry about.

It being proven is like saying there is efficiency loss at lower dc voltage.
It was blown way out of proportion.

Just like unwanted noise coming out of amplifier.

Yes, we tested it, it exists.. We also tested a well known korean branded amplifier..

It has unwanted noise output too.

One of my local friends has 2 18s in a 4th bandpass on a single hd8000 where the passband is typically demo-ed between 17-28hz ONLY.

He peaks below 30hz currently doing over 151 in meca headrest.

If users want more control over the low frequency range, they can look at the DSP line which has a -1db fluctuation all the way down to 8hz and up in the high KHz range.

So, there is nothing to worry about.
my intent in asking you wasnt to bash taramps, i own a hd3000 and i like it. i just wanted some information from what i consider the official US rep for taramps on what the actual problem is and what to be concerned with below a certain frequency as far as roll off.

i still would like to know if it only effects the hd, ts, or whatever line - obviously you just excluded the dsp line.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.