scosche wire kit

Participant count
  • Participant list

poolman966554

Senior VIP Member
PA
so i got my door speakers in last week, and for some reason, i got spontaneous today at walmart, and picked up a 8 gauge amp kit for $25. says its ofc wire.

That said, whats the consensus of this wire?

I know its stupid cheap, but my front stage amp only does 140w rms.. and has a 25 amp fuse.

personally i think this kit should work fine for the money, as the wires highly overrated for my amp.

Looking for opinions before i open it and own it..

lol walmart will take just about anything back

id use it, not bad for the price. you'll know as soon as you strip the wire if its ofc or not, looks like most people think it is, but most people dont know what real ofc is

i would of honestly told you to buy one run of 1/0 ofc and use a fused distro block for your amps, use the 8ga from the kit to run from the distro block to your mids amp

the less wiring you having running from front to back the better

it appears to real copper. i thought about a distro block, but im gonna mount this amp under the passenger seat.. so the routing of wires makes more sense, and using room i never knew i had is a plus!

I think it's fine to use. Knu's OFC 8 gauge is 65 cents/ft. multiply that by 19' (as in this kit) and that's $12.35 worth of wire from a top-rated company retail price. You've got to figure Scosche probably has tons of this in bulk, so it seems reasonable they could package OFC wire with the other install stuff that they most likely get for pennies and still come out turning a large profit.

Here's a review on Amazon that has a picture. It looks like copper to me: Amazon.com: Scosche KPA8A 680 Watt 8-Gauge Wiring Kit for Single Amps: Car Electronics (you'll probably have to scroll down)

Like you said, it's not the best, but given how much power you're drawing, even after if your amp is terribly inefficient, you should have plenty of headroom.

I think it's fine to use. Knu's OFC 8 gauge is 65 cents/ft. multiply that by 19' (as in this kit) and that's $12.35 worth of wire from a top-rated company retail price. You've got to figure Scosche probably has tons of this in bulk, so it seems reasonable they could package OFC wire with the other install stuff that they most likely get for pennies and still come out turning a large profit.
Here's a review on Amazon that has a picture. It looks like copper to me: Amazon.com: Scosche KPA8A 680 Watt 8-Gauge Wiring Kit for Single Amps: Car Electronics (you'll probably have to scroll down)

Like you said, it's not the best, but given how much power you're drawing, even after if your amp is terribly inefficient, you should have plenty of headroom.
its def copper, not cca. i just thought id run it by the forum, as it seems too good to be true.

kinda like the Boss subs right next to it lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.