Taramps and mofo sub

mrpep

CarAudio.com Elite
chicago
So I bought a mofo 104x cause it’s 1200 rms and I threw a taramps he 3000 amp at it, running this at 2ohms and the amp should be able to put out like 1500 rms at 2ohms. So I have the sub in a ported and it’s not as loud as I expected. I start clipping so it’s pushing the power out so I back off a bit to safe zone and leave there. I have a w7 on a alpine in my Yukon and it blows this mofo away, the w7 is only like 700 rms. I feel like something is not right? The HU is a Sony x1000 CarPlay HU and I run 4 gage cable to the system. What am I missing! Why is a 700 rms louder and deeper than a 1200 / 1500 amp and sub?

Enclosure?
Got a pic?

Brazilian amps while being ok they actually are not well suited for really low sustained bass.personally i would go with a korean amp because american made is almost nonexistent.the orion is bad ass

Brazilian amps while being ok they actually are not well suited for really low sustained bass.personally i would go with a korean amp because american made is almost nonexistent.the orion is bad ass

Mine seems fine. I play the bass 5k amp all day in Florida heat and never had any issue.

Also I don't think where the amp is built matters other than quality control I guess. If the factory that builds those sundown amps burnt down and they sent the blueprints to a factory in Brazil it would still be the same amp just a different build house.

Mine seems fine. I play the bass 5k amp all day in Florida heat and never had any issue.

Also I don't think where the amp is built matters other than quality control I guess. If the factory that builds those sundown amps burnt down and they sent the blueprints to a factory in Brazil it would still be the same amp just a different build house.
I AM NOT A SUNDOWN FAN BOY. i am a old school fosgate fan boy. it's not the heat it's or the build house i would rather south america than asia those brazil amps are quality built and not just a generic china build house board. the design is actually optimized for a different type of music,short burst of low bass and alot of higher 50htz notes most american music has alot of lower bass. i hope a 5 thousand watt amp duz the job lol. i'm glad your amp is working out for you.

You are living in the past. Taramps has a line just for subwoofers and rated at 40hz. Even the HD line does rated power at 40hz and 12.8 volts. I've ran quite a few HDs on subwoofers myself.

BTW my buddy has that HCCA3000SPL and sees no where near the power that dyno shows. 2660 clamped at 1.8 ohms.

Here is a little MD8000 clamp ;)
Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 12.17.05 AM.png

I AM NOT A SUNDOWN FAN BOY. i am a old school fosgate fan boy. it's not the heat it's or the build house i would rather south america than asia those brazil amps are quality built and not just a generic china build house board. the design is actually optimized for a different type of music,short burst of low bass and alot of higher 50htz notes most american music has alot of lower bass. i hope a 5 thousand watt amp duz the job lol. i'm glad your amp is working out for you.

Mine is the taramps bass 5k made for subs.

I bought the 5k to hopefully get 2k watts out of it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.