Taramps 7driver speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'm sure if you load up your doors with those and either horns or super tweeters it'll deliver the full Brazilian sound experience. Take from that what you like.

Thanks for the replies, like I said I am getting them for a good price through a friend of a friend. (He brought them and found out that they wouldn’t fit for him)

I put them in a couple of days ago. After playing with the eq a bit, they actually sound decent. I believe after a little more time with the eq, will be happy with them. I want to play them for a couple of days and let them break in before spending a bunch of time on the eq.
Oh yeah, these things are LOUD. I don’t ever see me staying in my car with these things at the full volume that they are capable of.

I am adding a follow up for anyone who is interested in these. They are easily the loudest ‘full range’ 6.5 in speakers I have ever heard. Like any pro audio type mid range speaker, they don’t do bass. If you don’t have a subwoofer, these are a hard pass. But from from 100hz up they actually sound nice after some tuning in the eq.In my setup, I have separate tweeters up in the factory locations in the dash, but I could see doing a stereo with only 3 speakers. A pair of these and a subwoofer.
Also, if you mount them in a door, make sure that it is well dampened. I thought mine were good. I had to do some more to kill some reverberation in the 250hz area.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...