Could this work well?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jeremy11

out of curiosity if someone were to replace the tweeter in a 2way setup With a 2.75 inch could you get it to sound good? I know in theory it will work but I wonder how well. Obviously crossover settings ect would need to be changed accordingly. Thanks for indulging in my curiosity

Alot of factors to determine that.
You have a component set with passive crossovers you are wanting to swap tweeters on?
Are you replacing a soft dome 1" tweeter with a 2.75" super tweeter?

Alot of factors to determine that.
You have a component set with passive crossovers you are wanting to swap tweeters on?
Are you replacing a soft dome 1" tweeter with a 2.75" super tweeter?
No active off headunit. And not a super tweeter but more of a midrange like the sundown version
Sundown Audio SA-2.75 FR V2 Ferrite 2.75" Car Dash Speakers Mid Tweeters New https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004309LTO/?tag=caraudiocom-20

People run tweeterless all the time....just make sure you find a midrange that wont break up in the higher frequencies, set crossovers right and you shouldnt have a problem. But you do lose that sparkle that properly tuned tweets have...i have a pair of audiofrog gs25 that i ran tweeterless for a while hpf'd at 300hz 24db LR that sounded great, find something that can play low and use your other speakers as strictly midbass....i like to have all my vocals coming from the dash area makes things easier to tune IMO

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Jeremy11

Jeremy11
Loganville,GA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views