T-line boxes

my first post wasn't even directly at you specifically, it was really more about the whole conversation you and surreal were having.

The worst part is when people who think they're knowledgeable try to act accordingly.
Yea, it does seems a little confusing if you try to generalize it. I understand man.

This is very true also! Great point! But there is some innocence in it as well as ignorance. Some just want more than what they are willing to work for. I'm glad you made this statement.

lol trying reverse psychology to get some one to teach you something that others have to pay to learn will not work with me.

I love how you said that but you consistently use larger words when responding to me.

just to add on to this whole conversation.

I have been playing around with t line variants with subwoofers that would fail horribly in a regular t line. It takes a little more work on the design aspect but if you listen to no one type of music I think the t line and 1/4 wave horn are in the top 3 for musicality and when designed correctly play flat as well. I'm running a 1/8th wave horn in my durango and it will reach down to the low 20's with out much problems at all. It does sort of lack on the higher notes like 65 and up so I need to play my mids lower than I would like to. I will be swapping out for a longer horn and a tapered line here soon to see if I can fix that problem.

the biggest problem with these boxes is the huge space they take up compared to even a ported enclosure, my horn is still bigger than a 4th order for the same subwoofers. The biggest misconception with t lines is that your sub will lose half of it's power rating. It's not that simple, many drivers will be fine with rated rms or more. I know my shocker sigs were taking a 5k amp each in a box designed to unload the cone, the stronger the motor the more chance it has to stay where it is supposed to be. The motor doesn't just push the coil out of the gap, it will push, pull, hold, center, ect ect. A lot of high strength motor subs do better in Infinite baffle and t lines because of this. I have always had a problem getting the correct speed and punch out of a ported enclosure compared to a horn or t-line. I always recommend one of the 2 when I hear the person listens to rock or metal. You would never tell how much faster and punchier your sub can be just from swapping enclosures. With my ported enclosure I had to use my time alignment, with this horn it is all in line with the mids.

lol trying reverse psychology to get some one to teach you something that others have to pay to learn will not work with me. I love how you said that but you consistently use larger words when responding to me.
The only thing i could ever learn from you is how to become largely unpopular on virtually every car audio forum on the internet, and you do that for free every time you post.

'Accordingly' isn't a big word //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

The only thing i could ever learn from you is how to become largely unpopular on virtually every car audio forum on the internet, and you do that for free every time you post.
'Accordingly' isn't a big word //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
For you it is, I guess I need to go listen to some rap to get popular then I can fit in as well. I wasn't aware I needed to be popular on the internet. I do see one positive thing in your post though. You have finally taken the time to use correct punctuation and spelling, or at least gotten spell check.

For you it is, I guess I need to go listen to some rap to get popular then I can fit in as well. I wasn't aware I needed to be popular on the internet. I do see one positive thing in your post though. You have finally taken the time to use correct punctuation and spelling, or at least gotten spell check.
129068431461124749.jpg

Mobile, how long is the line on that design that Joseph posted up?
Looks like about 30'' or so, It's not a t-line, it's just a ported enclosure with a folded port.

t lines do not have to be ''tuned'' to driver fs though. They can be much shorter if your car's cabin wants it to be so. I think pete's box is tuned in the 50's for his suv. My horn is 25hz higher than driver fs as well.

Looks like about 30'' or so, It's not a t-line, it's just a ported enclosure with a folded port.
Be careful, I believe Mobile got quite upset when surreal said that. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

It's just a generalization of his way of thinking. I do see now he is going to follow me around and groan everything I say. Just another point that people can not handle add on's like that on forums. Abusing the system because he didn't get his way or some one doesn't agree with him.

Again with the assumptions regarding my taste in music, I wasn't speaking in terms of high school popular, I was talking mostly about how you're banned on CACO and you were run off of SMD for being a douche, which is kinda hard considering who owns the site. I haven't misspelled or made any huge grammar errors in any of my posts... I might forget to capitalize 'I' or the first word every now and then, but nothing that any normal person who wasn't reaching for anything to nitpick would notice or care about.

Be careful, I believe Mobile got quite upset when surreal said that. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
it's ok, that is one of the best ways to get a discussion going. That is of course when the 2 people talking can actually understand each other and no one ends up talking to a brick wall. I will see if I can find the paper I had on t lines. One of the few not based around home theater.

I'm confused how it is acting as a tline with a chamber larger than the line width and length. Are you certain it is acting as a line? the whole point of a tline is to unload the driver and a chamber that large should be loading it quite a bit

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.