Best speaker wire terminal?

throatrattling
10+ year member

Canadian Guy
Toronto
Just finished a box build, and I really didn't want to put a plastic speaker terminal on the box for multiple reasons. Just ran wire through the port for now. I see a lot of guys using threaded rod, and I'm just wondering how good that method is, and how you properly seal that after. I'm open to any other suggestions as well.

On another note, is 8 gauge wire sufficient for running 1500rms to a single sub?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Bolts are easy, just seal it up with caulking when you put the bolt through the hole, use washers and it won't come out.
Agreed, for larger gauge wire I usually use bolts or just drill a hold in the box and feed the wire straight through. Just make sure to seal it up.

For smaller gauge wire I really like using these:

091-1247_l.jpg

I use brass bolts and aluminum lugs would use copper lugs but they tarnish after awhile so I just stick with a heavier aluminum lug //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.