System opinions

ddparker
10+ year member

I have a 2002 Buick Century as my everyday car and put in a budget system just to have some bass. I had two Hifonics HFX12D4s wired to 1 ohm running to a RE Audio DTS-1000.1 amp. I blew one of the 12s so since i had some old Pyle 10 subs lying around I decided to build a custom ported box for 3 of them. The Pyle's are much louder but the sound quality is horrible. I was thinking about getting 3 RE Audio SEX10D2 subs but I am open to other opinions if I can get better quality at or lower than the price of the RE subs(Sonic has them for 130.00 each). Would getting better subs also make my system louder or would I have to run more power?

For starters I would keep that Re audio amp for now, your subs needs to be changed C2 Audio is doing a pre sale on thier beffy 12" subs for $99 each free shipping from carstereogiant.com.

If you can afford to buy 2 of those subs your re amp should power them, but the good thing is if you decide to upgrade your amp later on, these subs can take more power. Here's the info Goodluck

Here's the link to buy

C2 Audio Threatcon-2

url=http://www.carstereogiant.com/product-p/threatcon-2.htm]C2 Audio Threatcon-2[/url]

Threatcon-2-2T.jpg
Threatcon-2-3.jpg
Threatcon-2-4.jpg
Threatcon-2-5.jpg

Specifications:

12" Threatcon-2 Subwoofer

600 Watts RMS

Available in Dual 4 Ohm and Dual 2 Ohm

Dual 2 Ohm: Threatcon-2 12d2

Dual 4 Ohm: Threatcon-2 12d4

3" Copper 4 Layer Voice Coil

Double Stacked 160 oz Magnet

High Current Flat Woven Tinsel Leads

Dual Spider Pack

Dual Stitched Non Pressed Paper Cone-

with Mid Excursion Foam Surround

Enclosure Recommendations:

Sealed: 1.0 - 1.25 ft^3

Ported: 1.5 - 2.0 ft^3 @ 35hz

T/S Parameters:

FS: 36.7HZ

VAS: 40.9 DM3

QES: .44

QTS: .40

BL: 16.8

MMS: 167.7G

SENS: 91.5 DB

XMAX: 28 MM

Woofer Dimensions:

EXT DIA: 12.48"

CUT OUT DIA: 11.18"

MOUNT DEPTH: 5.82"

For starters I would keep that Re audio amp for now, your subs needs to be changed C2 Audio is doing a pre sale on thier beffy 12" subs for $99 each free shipping from carstereogiant.com.
If you can afford to buy 2 of those subs your re amp should power them, but the good thing is if you decide to upgrade your amp later on, these subs can take more power. Here's the info Goodluck

Here's the link to buy

C2 Audio Threatcon-2

url=http://www.carstereogiant.com/product-p/threatcon-2.htm]C2 Audio Threatcon-2[/url]

Threatcon-2-2T.jpg
Threatcon-2-3.jpg
Threatcon-2-4.jpg
Threatcon-2-5.jpg

Specifications:

12" Threatcon-2 Subwoofer

600 Watts RMS

Available in Dual 4 Ohm and Dual 2 Ohm

Dual 2 Ohm: Threatcon-2 12d2

Dual 4 Ohm: Threatcon-2 12d4

3" Copper 4 Layer Voice Coil

Double Stacked 160 oz Magnet

High Current Flat Woven Tinsel Leads

Dual Spider Pack

Dual Stitched Non Pressed Paper Cone-

with Mid Excursion Foam Surround

Enclosure Recommendations:

Sealed: 1.0 - 1.25 ft^3

Ported: 1.5 - 2.0 ft^3 @ 35hz

T/S Parameters:

FS: 36.7HZ

VAS: 40.9 DM3

QES: .44

QTS: .40

BL: 16.8

MMS: 167.7G

SENS: 91.5 DB

XMAX: 28 MM

Woofer Dimensions:

EXT DIA: 12.48"

CUT OUT DIA: 11.18"

MOUNT DEPTH: 5.82"
Can you stop recommending stuff thats not out yet before we see if its going to flop. Could be great design but fall apart out of the box

Can you stop recommending stuff thats not out yet before we see if its going to flop. Could be great design but fall apart out of the box
Have you seen a pre sale that is already out? This subs have better chance of not flopping and company has financial backup to get these lines going.

Have you seen a pre sale that is already out? This subs have better chance of not flopping and company has financial backup to get these lines going.
they might not but you dont know that. Its all off the shelf parts to save cost. Who knows what else they are going to go cheap on.

they might not but you dont know that. Its all off the shelf parts to save cost. Who knows what else they are going to go cheap on.
Did you suggest anything? with op's budget of $130 can you do any better than the pre sale of C2?

Thanks for the suggestion but my actual budget is around $300-400. I would like to stay under that but I want good quality subs which I know cost more.

I really want to go with 3 10's in a ported box so after searching around I can get 3 Sundown E10's for $100 each. I am assuming they would be better than the RE Audio but what do you guy's think?

Buy my 12 with the enclosure for $200 - Run your amp = 560 watts @ 2 ohm (rated) Should match up nicely to My DD 1012b D4 = Problem solved, Deeper, Louder, Better - Done Deal //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.