System installed. I think I want a sub and amp. Help please!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

LittleJoe
10+ year member

First let me say this. I know how most here feel about JL but I have had good luck with them but I am not married to them.

I just had my system installed. I think I may want a sub and mono amp to go along with it. Though I will say the bass my speakers puts out is nothing short of being impressive. Still I still want some umph.

Space is a huge issue. I have a 2001 Land Cruiser and am ALWAYS using my cargo space. I need as much of that space at a ll times so that is why a small sealed box is needed but it must sound amazing to go with my system

I do have a JL 8w7 sitting in a box in a closet but I think the sealed box may be too large. That is why I was thinking about maybe going with either a JL 8w3 ow 10w3. Also, I have not decided on a mono block amp yet either. I am not sure how much power is needed with the sub that will be installed.

Doors have been deadened to the gills.

What I am running:

Pioneer AVIC HU

Hertz MLK2 TW Millies(2 way)

Hertz HCX coaxials(for the kids)

ARC Audio KS300.4 bridged to the Millie's

ARC Audio XXD 2080 for the coaxials and

RF 3Sixty.2

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.