System components help for 2016

Participant count
  • Participant list

BCotrell

Senior VIP Member
irvine, ca
I just got a 100 series land cruiser and am deciding on my budget build. A lot of the components that I've researched have been out a long time so I wanted to make sure they're still relevant in respects to quality/tech/value

I'm keeping the factory nav so I'm starting with a audiocontrol lc7i. From there these are my amp finalists

Amps

Audiocontrol lc 4.800 (eliminates need for lc7i)

Ppi phantom 900.4

Pioneer gm-d8604

Crescendo symphony 800.4

Cr sounds at 125.4

Mids/coaxials

Morel tempo 6 (comps and coaxials)

Jbl 660c with p662 coaxials

Ampere 6.5 components with matching coaxials

My sub stage is a ct 2200 that powers 2 10" xfl's. Stock 130/150 amp alt with duralast agm battery in front and yellow stinger in the back.

Primary concern is value of the comps/coaxials, synergy with the amp finalists, and quality/space/electrical draw of the amp I pick.

This is a super loaded post so any feedback will help. Again, I'm looking to get current feedback since so much of the equipment listed has been out for a while

I just got a 100 series land cruiser and am deciding on my budget build. A lot of the components that I've researched have been out a long time so I wanted to make sure they're still relevant in respects to quality/tech/value
I'm keeping the factory nav so I'm starting with a audiocontrol lc7i. From there these are my amp finalists

Amps

Audiocontrol lc 4.800 (eliminates need for lc7i)

Ppi phantom 900.4

Pioneer gm-d8604

Crescendo symphony 800.4

Cr sounds at 125.4

Mids/coaxials

Morel tempo 6 (comps and coaxials)

Jbl 660c with p662 coaxials

Ampere 6.5 components with matching coaxials

My sub stage is a ct 2200 that powers 2 10" xfl's. Stock 130/150 amp alt with duralast agm battery in front and yellow stinger in the back.

Primary concern is value of the comps/coaxials, synergy with the amp finalists, and quality/space/electrical draw of the amp I pick.

This is a super loaded post so any feedback will help. Again, I'm looking to get current feedback since so much of the equipment listed has been out for a while
ampere comps, ct 125.4 for sound quality.

I'd take out the audiocontrol and replace it with a proper DSP like a soundstream harmony or PPI 88r. Audiocontrol is dinosaur technology yuck.

Can I run rear fill with the ppi 88r?

Also they have a version of that audiocontrol lc 4.800 with the dsp, it's called the d 4.800 but it's like 600+. Any budget friendly options for a dsp with eq. Was looking at the dq-61 but seems a bit expensive compared to the features of the ppi 88r

Can I run rear fill with the ppi 88r?
Also they have a version of that audiocontrol lc 4.800 with the dsp, it's called the d 4.800 but it's like 600+. Any budget friendly options for a dsp with eq. Was looking at the dq-61 but seems a bit expensive compared to the features of the ppi 88r
Yes its 8 channels of rca outputs

You can do a 3 way active front plus subwoofer

or two way active front plus rear fill and sub

Or two way active front plus center channel and sub.

Even my audiophile 80 prs head unit cant even achieve any of that.

My budget for the dsp/loc is 300, id prefer it closer to $200, what's my highest quality and most user friendly options. I'm reading a separate loc and separate dsp creates more chance for a hum. read that the discontinued jbl ms-8 Performed well for others. Recommendations are greatly appreciated

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.