System Advice... Sound Quality

Participant count
  • Participant list
What exactly are you asking? Will this system produce high SQ? Or what does everything think of it's SQ? When you refer to your system, do you mean just the subs? What about your other speakers? I agree with the former poster; the subs are more based on SPL, but have fairly apt SQ - bearing in mind I haven't heard the 15". Only the 10's and 12's.

I have heard the 15" MTX Thunder8000, it's very good, I don't know much about stereos, but that is what I'm purchasing within the next two weeks. I need suggestions, what are SPL and SQ? Sound Pressure Level and Sound Quality?

15's will hit hard, but they will be super sloppy and have very little detail.... which most people reading this care very little about i'm sure //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have a diamond audio M3 15" in a sealed box and it's super accurate and tight

guess it depends on the company making the sub!

i'm sure your 15" in a sealed box sounds a lot better than most as far as sound quality, but it's still a 15" driver, and the laws of physics demand that they are going to be slower responding than a smaller driver. how many sq systems have you ever seen on the circuit running a 15" driver?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.