New Car Audio Shop

orion4me
10+ year member

I have a quick question for you. I would like to open a new Car Audio shop in my home town in East Texas. The big problem is getting people to talk to me about there products (Orion, Fosgate, Alpine, etc.......) I have contacted a few distributors but I have found that Ebay is cheaper than most of them. Ebayers have to get their stuff from somewhere. WHERE? Can anyone help? Also, can anybody give me any tricks they have used to make owning your own shop work. Thanks TR //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I'll give you a list of distributors for $100 if your interested, and yes the prices are cheaper than ebay.

I also have looked into opening a shop in my home town. What you have to think about is that the distributors will cut you a better deal when you buy in bulk..If you are only buying a few at a time then they charge a bit more to make their money.. So yes Ebay is cheaper but Ebay doesn't have much for a warranty where as an authorized dealer will..Some people refuse to risk going without a warranty for fear of recieving junk.. Just a little something to chew on. Not to mention most MFG's do not authorize interenet sales at least the larger more popular companies don't with a few exceptions.. the ones that have been around for a while or have built a reputation.. The Zeb, Sound Domain etc. etc.

Mike

why the hell would you pay for a list where you can spend 25 bux on a retailer's liasance and go too mobileaudio .com and do it legit? lmao i used to have a shop and i used to distribute and paying for lists is a bussiness in itself..nuff said

You don't have to pay for lists unless you want to find the best distributor prices..It is litterally as simple as making a few phone calls..Call the MFG and talk to them about becoming a dealer..Most will either give the name and number of the DIST. near you or deal with you directly whichever is closer..Keep that in mind. Also many like JL Audio and Polk require that you have a storefront and do installs b4 they will authorize you.

Hope you get what you need..I have numbers for most of the MFG's out there if I can help drop me a line.

Mike

distributors are a good place to start but remember they are for stores that dont want to go direct with an opening order .............. hence distributors will cost more than direct usually but then again you dont get stuck with 20 grand in stuff you cant sell

Ok everybody, I got my Tax ID number today to start my new business. I have called a few places today but I can't find a Distributor that is anywhere close to me. You guys that still have contacts can help me out big time. I have already had about 3 full stereo system upgrade orders with NO PRODUCTS. Strange world isn't it. Please email me at tramey@caraudio.com if your are a distributor or know one that I can talk to that will be nice. Please help me. A lady at twhouse.com was so rude to me today that I thought for the first time that this could be a bad idea. (opening my own business.) Thanks for all your help. TR:D //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

First you need to file for a biz lic. with your state then get a tx ID number fromthe IRS..After that you will need to get a city Lic. BTW you will need a good chunk of change to have product for the customers.. While you are doing all that you need to find distributors for the products you want to carry.. The rest you should have from the previous posts in the thread.

Mike

well I don't know how the law is in your state, but here in GA if you contest the ticket they automaticly lower the fee. Also if you contest it even further, go to court and the cop doesnt show up...they throw it out and it doesn't go on your record.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.