sweet clean install

nice install //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif i live in overland park, ks i should come demo that beast.

sad thing is a guy i work with does installs in his car like this. one of his speaker boxes is seriously a cardboard box wrapped in tape because it makes it hit harder he says //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif oh and all 4 of his 12"s are different //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif i would post pics if his car still ran

This is obviously for laughs. The fact some of you took it seriously makes it even funnier. The pics with the tape on the boxes is hilarious.
Yeah those tape pics had me rolling. But the best part was this quote at the end of that post:

my next goal is to put tape on all the cones to make them seem the same.
And is it just me or is the back sub stuck right up against the other box? That's got to bump the SQ score up a notch or two!

Thread of the year, hands down.

i'll get some up when it's daytime, but i got an older vid of my fin. anyone know if sound deadener would stop the fin from tearin it'self apart?
It will, but it's tricky. To make sure it stays on and doesn't get screwy like your last attempt you have to make sure you use enough. Now I'm not talking about layers - proper placement is key. Make sure you get one long strip [don't ask me how, a man of your prowess should already know] of deadener and start it at your back bumper exactly in line with the fin support. From there, mold it to the body all the way up in a straight line, up the fin support, over the fin and back down, over the windshields and roof all the way to the front bumper. This will ensure adequate quasissential support and dampeneering.

One thing to note when doing this though: make sure you COMPLETELY SEAL the gap between the trunk and body as well as the hood and body. No cheating. Without this the whole process is worthless. Yes, you will lose direct access to your trunk and engine bay, but the speed improvements from the properly attached aerodynamic fin as well as the newfound deadener racing stripe should more than outweigh these minor cons. Plus you can always get to either through the car interior [you removed the firewall for the help with low end bass, right?].

All the best.

i think he has every frequency covered from 50hz to about 250hz //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

SANY0005.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.