I really hate....

Participant count
  • Participant list

SocMunky
10+ year member

What happened in here?
Crunktimes
Cleaning up the previous car owners truly gheto-fied wiring jobs. All I had to do today was a fairly simple alarm install...just started kill, and the basics...no power locks, no windows...nada. What did I actually get accomplished? Fixing up the wiring nightmare including the previous alarm install, got the siren mounted, fixed the starter wire (they cut the end off and ran a new wire altogether...wtf?), installed the starter kill circuit, removed the previous alarm and uhm....ran the power...thats it. Oh, and installed the antenna at least. Too bad the old alarm was such a hack job, its probably fairly compatible to the matrix10 I am installing, it was a python 650 I think?

Tommorow now, I gotta get up early and finish the valet switch ( which I may just skip, any opinions?) the led light, finish the power ground and remote leads, run the parking light circuit..then maybe then I can devote some time to finding out why the door circuit reads constant hot whether opened or closed... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif

Sorry.....had to vent.

i had a guy try to put his own rem. start in buy watching the install dvd that came with it..... i was pulling out golf ball size ball's of sauder... i had to replace 6'' of every wire in the steering colum from the heat of the sudering iron melting the caseing away...

i had a guy try to put his own rem. start in buy watching the install dvd that came with it..... i was pulling out golf ball size ball's of sauder... i had to replace 6'' of every wire in the steering colum from the heat of the sudering iron melting the caseing away...******...

Holy crap. Mine was not quite that bad thank god.

Cleaning up the previous car owners truly gheto-fied wiring jobs. All I had to do today was a fairly simple alarm install...just started kill, and the basics...no power locks, no windows...nada. What did I actually get accomplished? Fixing up the wiring nightmare including the previous alarm install, got the siren mounted, fixed the starter wire (they cut the end off and ran a new wire altogether...wtf?), installed the starter kill circuit, removed the previous alarm and uhm....ran the power...thats it. Oh, and installed the antenna at least. Too bad the old alarm was such a hack job, its probably fairly compatible to the matrix10 I am installing, it was a python 650 I think?Tommorow now, I gotta get up early and finish the valet switch ( which I may just skip, any opinions?) the led light, finish the power ground and remote leads, run the parking light circuit..then maybe then I can devote some time to finding out why the door circuit reads constant hot whether opened or closed... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif

Sorry.....had to vent.

Worst part of installing.... Fixing other people's hack jobs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.