suv owners - how do you secure your box in the back?

at walmart or some grocier stores or home depot they have this stuff on rolls thats designed for cabinet for things not to slide. sometimes i glue this to the bottom of the box or i just put it in between. works awesome.

if you want real security just take the sub out and bolt the box through the bottom of the car. on my friends exploder i did this using 3/4'' bolts and some huge washers.

I Didn't pull those "loops" out, I used them to my advantage. Place hooks on the bottom of the box to fit in the loops like latches. Then, If you spare tire is under the back floor, run some bracing down into the tire well and secure it in there. Make a false floor to cover the tire well, and it's secure and you can still have access your spare tire.

I Didn't pull those "loops" out, I used them to my advantage. Place hooks on the bottom of the box to fit in the loops like latches. Then, If you spare tire is under the back floor, run some bracing down into the tire well and secure it in there. Make a false floor to cover the tire well, and it's secure and you can still have access your spare tire.

ive thought about that also. because i would like to take it out easily if i needed.

0001.jpg

this is the box ill be using. it fits right between the spare tire and the wheel well.

what kind of hooks did you use? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

ive thought about that also. because i would like to take it out easily if i needed.
0001.jpg

this is the box ill be using. it fits right between the spare tire and the wheel well.

what kind of hooks did you use? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
Hmm, what about putting some loops that bolt through your enclosure and using those tie down hooks some sort of way? Just trying to think outside the box here. I am thinking of tie down straps, which may not be the look you are going for. Regardless, it should secure your sub in the event of an accident and prevent it from beaming you in the back of the head.

My other recommendation would be a piece of steel flatbar that bolts through the bottom of your box, then replace the tie down hook bolts with longer bolts. It will require some cutting/drilling of the flatbar, but it should secure your subwoofer pretty good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.