suv owners - how do you secure your box in the back?

sqhertz
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Miami ,Fl
i should be putting my sub/box back in my blazer soon but i want to be able to secure it down. id rather not drill through my floor to put bolts through for l-brackets but i do have one 2' x 4' sheet of 3/4" mdf if that would help any.

suggestions? pics?

you lay one large sheet cut to the size of your cargo area, then mount all your equipment down to that, then nothgin will be moving, becuse the bottom base is the size and shap of the floor layout

you lay one large sheet cut to the size of your cargo area, then mount all your equipment down to that, then nothgin will be moving, becuse the bottom base is the size and shap of the floor layout
i was thinking about doing that and carpet on it to match. and theoreticly , if i were to get into an accident (which i hope i dont) that shouldnt fly forward and kill me , would it?

How about in an accident?

As long as he doesn't roll his SUV it shouldn't move;)

How about in an accident?
Duh, don't wreck!

i should be putting my sub/box back in my blazer soon but i want to be able to secure it down. id rather not drill through my floor to put bolts through for l-brackets but i do have one 2' x 4' sheet of 3/4" mdf if that would help any.
suggestions? pics?
Suggestions: Get heavy subs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

ive used it in my rides, if you have a small rectangle in the back of and suv, then it can move around and flip over if you punch the gas of hit the brake,, if its mounted to a lafge suface it shoudent move

018-3.jpg

like i said , id rather not have bolts sticking up through the floor.

the sub is a custom se 12in 2.25cuft so not exactly the heaviest.

ill take measurements of area and see if i have enough wood.

what i do is use velcro on the bottom of the box
problem solved!
Yep, industrial strength velcro will stop that enclosure from sliding around from routine driving. The only downside is it will be a royal PITA to remove the enclosure:laugh: Then again, it is no worse than bolting the enclosure through the floor and then having to screw the subwoofers into the enclosure.

ETA: To the OP.... You don't have any factory bolts that you could somewhat utilize to hold your mounting platform into place? It is hard to explain.... but you could use some flatbar on your MDF mounting platform to go under the factory bolts then bolt your enclosure to the MDF mounting platform. That would be a little better than just having something sitting in the cargo area unsecured. Oh, and you won't be drilling into your vehicle either //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.