Super cheap speakers?

eric77
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Newport
I had planned on getting the edi 6500 comps and a nine.2, but I decided at this point I should save up some money for my next car then get whatever I want. In the meantime though my stock speakers are NOT cutting it. They are the cheap stock ones that come with a 98 jeep grand cherokee. Are there any cheap coaxials that I can just run off my h/u but will still sound half decent?

I just saw these powerbass ones on ebay and I'm thinking might be alright. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...5762139690&rd=1 My friend has the comp version of these which he paid 160 for (dumb*ss lol) and they are decent for the price. Any other sub $50 coaxials you can think of that will be a noticeable step up over stock?

Look on ebay for Cadence speakers. Not sure if any are around right now, but there is a guy on there who sells direct from cadence, his store name is something like soundpizzazz?

Look on ebay for Cadence speakers. Not sure if any are around right now, but there is a guy on there who sells direct from cadence, his store name is something like soundpizzazz?
Thanks. have you heard any cadence comps before? They look pretty nice and cadence is a solid company but a presonal review would be nice.

And what do we think of these cadence comps?? There are some on ebay and they are pretty darn cheap, and on paper they look good. What do they stack up against? Are they better then the price would indicate?

Shawn

And what do we think of these cadence comps?? There are some on ebay and they are pretty darn cheap, and on paper they look good. What do they stack up against? Are they better then the price would indicate?
Shawn

I owned the zx6 comps that were on ebay for a while. Never got them installed, but the quality looked good, and the person I sold them to says they sound great. They were the hot topic on CAF for a while, a $360 msrp comp set for around $80. General consensus was that they are a solid buy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14941&item=5762659552&rd=1

Those are the coaxials I was talking about. Should be able to grab them for under $40 shipped. Those are 5.25", though. You might email the seller, see if he has any 6.5"s around.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.